How much fighting is too much???

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Jaccordan, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Jaccordan

Jaccordan Guest

Me and my girl argue alot. Id say we fight at least 2 times a week. I still like her alot tho. My friends say all relationships fight alot and that twice a week isnt that bad.

How long does one go before they cut it off???

2. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

twice a week isnt bad??? what the hell do you argue about anyways???

i couldnt stay with a girl whom i argued with all the time... how old are you two?

3. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

my girlfriend and i have fought like.. twice. real fights (nothing too hardcore) the other times we're just gettin on eachother nerves about something, so all is forgiven pretty easily. if you fight twice or more a week.... it depends on what its about. constant fighting isn't good in a relationship.

4. Jaccordan

Jaccordan Guest

5. lebomb

lebomb New Member

I used to think getting along 60% of the time and fighting 40% was pretty good........that was with my EX wife.

With my new wife.......we get along 95% of the time and fight 5%. That is the real way it should be.

Basically, you should not argue much at all, if you are compatible and love one another.

6. -=Likwid=-

-=Likwid=-

my SO and i fight a LOT. 2x a week would almost be heaven for us. it's driven us both insane, and i've wanted to leave on more than one occasion because of it. I suppose it depends on how much you value the other, and if both are willing to listen and work on things, instead of keep bashing your heads together. it's a personal choice.

7. calliz

calliz New Member

Depends. If you're getting into the same types of arguments over and over again, than even the lowest number of times is too much.

You gotta be learning from these arguments and growing from them, otherwise they're going to get old eventually.

8. p00tan6

p00tan6 New Member

Dude if its over stupid shit just drop it. It's not worth it. Each of you just has to suck it up and take one for the both of you once in a while . If you find yourself fighting that much, yo umight want to rethink her.

9. Everything depends on the situation and what your in..... it's a hard question to ask someone- but one you need to figure out on your own what's right and okay for you.

10. Gnax

Gnax Guest

If it's good fighting (no name calling, productive exchange of feelings and solutions), then I'd agree with the 90/10% estimate, unless you really like the drama.

You guys are not fighting well. Almost every fight should result in a greater understanding of the other's expectations (and your own), and nothing like her standing you up and you hanging up (not that I blame you) should be happening.

A good guideline seems to be: would you take this crap in any other area? Romantic partners should be the highlight, the soft place to land, not the drudge and person to fear. If my boss or friends disrespected me, I'd sue or dump. Why would I have lower expectations of a lover?

Let's say you wake up with 100 emotional units. Some things: going to the gym, having breakfast with friends, reading, increase that amount by say 10 points each. Other, unavoidable, things - a bad coworker, a crazy parent, reduce that amount, by say 20 points. If you go to bed breaking even at 100 or above, your life is pretty damn good and you're managing it well.

The romantic partner, and more precisely, your feelings about that relationship, should increase the amount more than signifigantly reduce it. This woman sounds like a constant drain.

If nothing else, it's calming and empowering to try mapping how many imaginary energy points someone costs you daily and deciding if it's worthwhile to continue investing in them.

11. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

It's not how much you fight but how you feel about each other. If there is a ton of resentment, that's as bad as it can get. If you just simply do not agree on things, maybe you guys shouldn't be together.

12. k0in b4hd

k0in b4hd New Member

if there is alot of fighting... how do you break it off after 2 years?

13. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

twice a week?! Even weekly is horrible. Unless of course you are both the kind of people that 'like' to fight. What can you fight about that much though? I mean wouldnt you run out of things? If this has been going on for a while, then id move on. No one can be happy when they are fighting with someone all the time. Little things are bound to annoy, but if there is truly love then there shouldnt be so much fighting.

Its bound to happen ever now and then I suppose (or maybe not, cant remember a time me and my girl have actually fought [yelled, argued alot, lost tempers with each], but every relationship is different.) To have a relationship there needs to be compatibility between the 2 parties, if that doesnt exist (and it cant if you are arguing and fighting often) then maybe it time to end it.

14. PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K #Elite member

my g/f and I haven't fought in over a month. Even when we have, it was not really a fight, more of just a disagreement.

Communication > *

15. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

Hmmm....any fighting is too much in my book.

16. The Scientist

The Scientist New Member

Honestly, I'd have to say that you'd recognize enough is enough when you get to the point of where your relationship feels like more of a chore than a privilege. When you can look at your mate and feel disgusted or annoyed with all you're enduring and you've lost sight of why you're enduring it, it's at that point I then would think everything that was once something is now absolutely nothing.

17. Original

Original OT Supporter

:werd:
    I fight with my girlfriend probably once every two months, which I still don't like when it happens. We're both pretty understanding people :hs: