How much fat/carbs should I be consuming?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by thebeave, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebeave

thebeave New Member

I've been getting reallllly tired of trying to cram 4500 calories of really clean food down my throat. I always feel bloated and lethargic.

I read somewhere that you should aim for .4-.5 grams of fat per pound of target bodyweight, 1 gram of protein per pound of target bodyweight, and fill the rest of your caloric goals will carbohydrates. Fitday says my 1 month average is 350/529/116 p/c/f. I don't really see myself eating 600-700g of carbs so I ramped the protein up to ~1.4 grams per pound of target bodyweight and filled the rest with carbs.

I noticed that in Timbers log he eats about the same amount of fat as I've been so I wanted to get some input from people with more human genetics. Timber said I could probably cheat more than I do and just eat about 70% clean. Today this is what I ate and it was MUUUUCH easier to hit calorie goals not eating as clean but I'd really like to minimize fat gain :hs:

edit: btw this is the dirtiest I've eaten in months
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  2. Cabbagekid-108

Cabbagekid-108 New Member

600-700g of carbs and 317g of protein a day!! Holy shit, also how much of the total fat is trans, saturated and unsaturated.

Since you do know about the amount of protein required im going to guess your about 215-235lbs?

Regardless of how active you are you shouldnt need to consume that much protein since a fair amount of the protein will go through a process called Deaminationwhere excess protein in the body removes the amino group of the proteins in which gets made into urea (main component of urine) while the other part of the excess protein gets converted into carbs. Just think some of the EAS powder you spent on is useless and you'll just pee out wasted money.

But really i cant give you an honest answer unless you tell me a bit of info (BMI, weight, how active are ya, etc.) and also your goals. Otherwise stop stuffing yourself.

3. thebeave

thebeave New Member

6'5" 255 pounds, weight lifting 4 days a week, been bulking and want to hit 270lbs then cut down to a lean ~240 and maintain/clean bulk through the following winter. At this point I'm REALLY looking forward to cutting, it's going to be cake compared to bulking, way less effort and grocery bills :hs:

Fitday says that my averages are 350g protein, 529g carbs, 116g fat.

4. Cabbagekid-108

Cabbagekid-108 New Member

Looking at your carb intake that's a good target, i think you might be consuming a little too much fat and protein but im not too sure. I'd recommend visiting a dietitian and they'll give you a better answer on how much you should be consuming.

5. mandrew

mandrew New Member

how the fuck do you eat 457g carbs and only get 11.5g fiber? epic failure

6. Tumbles

Tumbles New Member

not hard at all i do it every day:x:

7. thebeave

thebeave New Member

Yeah I noticed that too. I ate way dirtier today than I usually do and still got 43 grams... usually closer to 55 :dunno:

8. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

More fat less carbs. I couldnt imagine being that bloated all day every day.

9. thebeave

thebeave New Member

Yeah it sucks. But I don't think that I'll be able to lower the carbs enough to the point where I won't feel bloated all the time but hopefully it will take the "chore" out of eating :hs:

I'm guessing that I've been getting enough protein, should I just fill the rest with fat and carbs? How much of each?

10. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Protein and EFA's are what build muscle, carbs are just fuel for that. I would up the fats and lower the carbs some.

11. thebeave

thebeave New Member

Alright. Any suggestion for macro breakdown or how much you'd up the fats?

I've been at about 30/45/25 p/c/f lately with averages listed above

12. thebeave

thebeave New Member

The combination of eating a little less clean and eating more fats has made it SOOOO easy to hit caloric goals the last few days. Hitting 4500 on oats/rice/chicken/veggies is a bitch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.