How much does someone's past play ...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by 1200mk, Jun 6, 2005.

1. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

when seeing how much potential they have as a future S.o.?

and do you guys examine their family background too?

2. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

depends. if im lookin at a chick, and she's had alot of drama in her past, then she may be boardline damaged goods.

family background doesnt play that big a part. unless the family itself is the cause of all the drama that caused the damaged goods status in the first place.

3. lilceez112

lilceez112 New Member

check the mom....

my ex gf had a hot ass mom, but the bitch was CRAZY!!! after a while, i noticed some of the same things in my ex gf....

i had to get away from that.

4. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

If it were ALL about the past then most of us would not have a chance. Especially as teenagers I am sure alot of us have done some 'stupid' things.

Most girls do turn out to be thier mothers, even if they dont want to.

You shouldnt judge a girl on any more than what she is to you though. Thats why you dont marry someone after a day, there is no formula involving variables from thier past and present to determine a future. You get to know a girl as who she is, based on the time you spend together...if you use other than that you can be misled and jump to false conclusions.

However sometimes its hard to get by someone's past (shit if a girl had been fucked by 50 guys before me, that would be hard to get by...), but people do change. Just dont take someone's word that they have changed, make them show it to you time and time again. Thats why, once again, it takes time to determine a relationship, not a formula.

5. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

Muther fuking :werd: Have you been tapping into my thoughts? Exactly how I feel.

6. lauren

lauren Active Member

a substantial amount. hate to sound shallow, but how someone was raised has a big indication of how they will lead their life. if your folks divorced, youre much morelikely to do the same. how your folks treat money is probably how you will soon treat money. people of similar socic-economic backgrounds have a better chance at a sucessfull relationship. this is comming from someone who has dated coked up trailer trash trhough trust fund mutlimillionears. they all had their good and bad qualities, and in the end where they came from didnt make a difference, it was there personality. unfortunately, where you come from has an influence on your personality, some better, some worse.

most important is who they are now. weve all made mistakes or have things in our past we cant change, but how (if) we recover and make changes is most important. unfortunately, past behavoir in some senarios shows a pattern, and only time will tell. its up to your judgement if it is worth the risk to give them the time to prove themselves.

as for sex, yeah. i dont want a guy whos slept with a bunch of girls. i dont have a strict cut off, but all of the guys ive had *serious* relationships have had less than 5 partners, regardless of their age.

now causual fun relationships that i know are going to go anywhere and are just to kill time, none of the aformented matters. have fun. enjoy it while it lasts.

7. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

so if her mom is a hoe now... that's no good.

8. teo

teo . => ? => !

It really, really depends on the person. Some people see how their parents fuck up and do everything within their power to not be that. Some people bow to the whim of their parents.

I only really look at it if it starts to intrude on my own life. One of my ex boyfriends had a mother with her fingers in every proverbial pie. Once I was a few days late on my period and I mentioned it to my then-boyfriend, and all of a sudden I was getting "the chat" from her, and it wasn't the cliffs version. Excuse me? Since when was this a relationship of three? I felt like saying "Thank you, Captain Obvious; now keep your nose in your own business!" but of course I didn't because I wanted to be polite.

If family starts getting in the way and you and your SO have different views, it's time to take a look at where your relationship is going.

9. D

D A guiltless state of self awareness.. The process

Good point about the past.
    You may want to consider that someone who has had experience may learn from their past and turn out a better person because of it, or in spite of it. It does happen sometimes..
    Hmmmm...My Mother is an alcoholic. At most, I'll drink about three beers twice a week anymore..If I drink at all that week.
    Also, I take after my Dad more in the looks dept.