MMA How much do you think Chuck, Rich, and Matt make a year?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by deadbolt, Nov 22, 2005.

1. deadbolt

deadbolt New Member

anyone know how much these guys get paid?

2. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

chuck is making an assload now, he's got a ton of sponsorship, he probably makes 100k to show and 100k to win.

hughes is probably on 80k to show and 80k to win

Franklin has some megabucks deal at the moment, no idea what's he making but it's probably close to 100k.

But that is just guess work

3. woodchuck

woodchuck Member

I'm guessing that Franklin is also about to get a major Xscience endorsment, cause he had it plastered on one of his American Fighter shirts for the title fight with quarry

If I had to hazard a guess...I'd put Franklin and Liddel at no more than 500k, and hughes around 300k cause he isn't as charismatic, and that only works out if they keep winning.

4. Placebo

Placebo New Member

If I were to guess I would propoably agree with Rommel. I would have Lidell a little higher than Franklin though.

5. damiand

damiand Proceed

for coutore liddel2 , randy got paid more then chuck. but im sure its different now

6. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

this is the ufc, not pride :mamoru:

7. d0nk3ypunch

d0nk3ypunch New Member

I know on sherdog someone will generally post the payouts after each event. Apparently it's required by the NSAC to be posted publicly.

While the fighters purse isn't huge normally, I've heard that the sponsorship money can easily match that for an event.

8. woodchuck

woodchuck Member

Liddel signed a 7 figure multi year contract with xscience, and the last payday I saw on him for the horn fight was 125k.

three fights a year =375k + at least 100k from the endorsments, and figure in other sponsors also and 500k is not even remotly out of the ball park.

Plus his current contract escalates as he keeps winning.

I'm sure Franklin tails him considerably on it, but he's gaining fast.

If hughs makes 80k per, that's 240k right there.

Pride guys are killing those numbers with their own endorsments, but the real salary disparity in the UFC occurs when you seperate the top 3-5 in each weight class from rest.

Of course all that has to be tempered with the fact that the paydays get cut in half, and the sponsors and endorsments drop you when you start losing

Some linkage
    http://www.ivansblog.com/2005/05/mixed-martial-arts-full-ufc-salary.html

Last edited: Nov 22, 2005
  9. mikestro

mikestro OT Supporter

Nick Diaz expressed his opinion a month ago when his competitor won a "six figure contract" with the UFC and he claimed that amount was more than he made.

10. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

I imagine it will only go up as UFC increases in popularity...

I can honestly say that other than watching a few of the old UFC dvd's I really didn't care much about MMA fighting... That is, until spike tv started pushing it and I saw how bad ass and exciting it really is... Being someone who is not trained in fighting, the old days of UFC where 2 guys would roll around on the ground for 30 minutes was really boring to me... Today's UFC with the new rules, structure, and fighters who are good at both grappling & striking is WAY more exciting to the casual fan... You still have great grappling and ground battles, but there is MUCH more striking and other action...

I must say that I have become hooked... If it keeps getting pushed to a wide audience and more casual fans jump on board, I can see it getting nearly as popular as boxing... Boxers make HUGE $$, and I can see the same for UFC fighters. I just hope they don't end up with the kind of corruption boxing had (mostly because of the big $$ involved)...

11. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

I actually prefer the old UFC to the new one... yes, a lot of the fights were long, and on the gound, but to watch someone like Oleg Taktarov who would be on his back with is eyes closed and still pull out a sumbission was amazing. Not to mention the tournament style fights, and, lets not forget UFC 8 David vs Goliath..... I feel that the UFC is starting to move in the "showy" direction of professional wrestling, and I as a fan, don't want to see that.

12. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

I was only taking into account the purses and not outside sponsorship

Yosh gets paid like 1-2 million a fight and that's not even with sponsoship on top, silva gets 400k a fight, i imagine fedor gets around the same. I bet with sponsorships they are taking a fair bit home with them.

13. woodchuck

woodchuck Member

No Doubt.

The sad thing is honestly like I said, the guys who are not quite contenders or just starting. If they could just double the 6-6 these guys get, to 12-12 then all the fighters could afford to just fight. Even if they only won one out of three fights a year they still take home 48k and can afford to do nothing but train. Imagine how good some of these guys could get. Look how bad ass Joe Stevenson is for crying out loud. If this guy would have been making enough money to not have a day job five years ago???

Crazy pay scale, Shamrock was like 85% of that UFN live show. total was like 380, and he took home more than 200 of it.

14. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

Shamrock has appeal, he may not be the best fighter but he is far and away the most popular

15. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

The problem with the old matches is that unless you are experienced in jujitsu (sp??), you really can't appreciate much of what is going on, and quickly get bored... The only way for the organization to grow is to change and appeal to a wider audience... Anyone can appreciate a great striker knocking someone out, or a ground expert rolling into an arm bar submission in the blink of an eye or getting a triangle choke on his back, or a wrestling expert getting a HARD take down... The fights are different now because:
    1. they are separated into 3-5 rounds which forces fighters to try and finish quicker
    2. the ref encourages more action by breaking up guys who are just laying on the ground hugging each other
    3. the fighters are more diverse in skill sets