how much do u think this is worth?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by silversilvia, Aug 7, 2006.

1. silversilvia

silversilvia OT Supporter

HP ZD7010, my first laptop. my brother is giving me another one, plus i built a pc since. so i need to sell it and was wondering whats it worth. cannot find any listing on ebay or anywhere.

17", P4 2.66, 1 gb ram, 60 HD, 64 nvidia vid.

will i get maybe 800 for it? or more like 600 ish?

help me please

2. 7960

7960 New Member

Even $600 is probably reaching........i can walk in best buy today and buy a 17"/512/AMD Turion 64 for $900.

List it with a $600 reserve but be ready to send a 2nd chance offer to the high bidder, and I'm guessing it'll be under $400.

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

P4 2.66 with a gigabyte of RAM and a dedicated VGA card is still a very relevant build for a laptop. I'd say you could fetch at least $500 for it if it's in good condition (no deep scratches, no scuffs on the screen, no sticker goop on the case) and has an operable installation of Windows OR a restore CD.

4. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

eBay it. Especially with a nice setup (carrying bag, software, regular mouse, etc), you can get a good bit for it. You'd be surprised.

5. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

I wouldn't wait too long either. A lot of kids going back to school right now will drive the price of that thing up. They are going like hotcakes right now.

6. silversilvia

silversilvia OT Supporter

thanks guys. i will try to get around $500 for it.

7. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

$200... no more. And that's assuming it's got legit software licenses and the battery holds a good charge.

Any more and you minus well buy a new p.o.s. dell.

8. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

You've got a good point about the computer needing a good battery to be worth the asking price, but I disagree that his computer is only worth $200.

You must be assuming that he's beaten the hell out of it, much like my insurance company assumed that I'd beaten the hell out of my 15-year old Mazda when it got totaled in front of my house while I was taking a shower one morning. The car ran perfectly, burned no oil, and could exceed 120mph. (how do I know? how do you think I know?) They said it was worth $100. I couldn't touch a piece of shit for $100.

If his computer is in good condition, it is worth a nice chunk of money simply because it is a functional computer that can run the latest software. If it's beaten-to-hell, then I agree that it's only worth a hundred or two.

9. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Wrong.

You can get a brand-spanking-new piece-of-shit Dell for $600. So his fucking-old-ass HP piece-of-shit, regardless of how "nice" he was to it is still a USED fucking-old-ass HP piece-of-shit... Not worth more than $200.

USED computers don't fetch even close to retail. And a NEW one is $600. You'd never get close to that from anyone that knew ANYTHING about this.