how much crazy flip out nonsense do you stand for?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by antihero, Jun 2, 2006.

1. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

So I really really really hate it when girls flip out and get all irrationally furious at stupid stuff. In my experience some girls do it more then others and there is really not a whole lot you can do to change that.

How much do you put up with? Crying fits for no reason, taking things way to serious and personal, going out of their way to make the littlest comment out to be some horrendous insult....

how much of this shit wil you guys put up with? What do you do about it?

I am so f'in sick of ruined nights spent playing the "whats wrong?" game or just having her storm out in tears or get all bitchy for no real reason... or if i give her the slightest reason then she REALLY flies off the handle.

on some very small level id like to believe i understand that with girls, its unavoidable... pms, stress, etc etc....

more realistically, i dont care how, but i want this shit to stop. How unreasonable a goal is that? I dont care if that means i simply dont see her for a few days a month, or have to leave her at home when i go hang out with friends, or something more drastic.

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Sounds like you need to stop dating children or she needs to see a doctor :o
    edit: In all honesty (and being a woman myself) there ARE days where I feel like I can't help myself and I do flip out over the smallest things. Those are also the days I make a concious choice and effort to stay away from people and attempt to control my emotions.
    It should NOT be an every day of the month occurance though. That is just making excuses for poor inexcusable behavior. Behavior like what is described as above can also be caused by medical problems (such as bi-polar).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2006
  3. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

this is one of the sanest girls ive ever dated :( . shes about to be 24 (im 26). Its not an every day thing.. but i have 0 patience for it. Probably the worst part is she has aweful timing... its never home alone when we can just talk it over. Its gotta be when we are out with friends :ugh: (edit) not always when we are drinking, though it is more likely then... the grocery store can be a cool place to flip out in too :ugh2: (/edit). In my experience she does nutty stuff less then a lot of girls. still 1-4 times a month is WAY too much for me.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2006
  4. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

She is subconsciously testing you to see how you handle it.

5. Bush77

Bush77 New Member

I deal with quite a bit of it, but it's gotten to the point that it doesn't bother me :dunno: I used to get upset with her when things became too much but now i just stand there. She'll get really pissed about something (anything) and i'll just be like "Well i'm sorry, what do you want me to say"

the majority girls are irrational and will do this shit. especially when they're young

6. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

My default answer with my LTR for this sort of thing is "Aww you're soo cute when you get angry" and kino her. It subcommunicates that you are not going to be affected by her moodyness and your strong frame just overrides hers.

7. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

I have a low tolerance for irrational tantrums too. I'd rather be single than put up with it on a regular basis.

Everyone has their moments, but it should be the exception rather than the norm.

8. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

I agree with Locarius. If you put up with irrational bullshit, she'll lose respect for you. Deflect and, if possible, make yourself scarce when she acts this way.

9. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:rofl: i'm amazed at how some men can put up with ridiculous bullshit. i would never dream of acting that way, but then again, immature shit that most ladies pull doesn't bother me... in the least. in fact, i'd like to say i'm pretty easygoing. [edit... meaning the stuff they get pissed at is trivial. i DO, however, get annoyed with the games, the attitude, and the crying tantrums.]

i hear stories aaaaall the time from male friends who tell me about their friends' gf's and all the shit they pull and all the crap they get pissed off at. i find myself wanting to smack these guys upside the head because [and i mean this in the most sincere way possible] you guys deserve all the bullshit if you continue to let the particular activity occur.

relationships are for big boys and girls. leave the immature girls behind. there are MANY, MANY more in the sea.

so... my answer to the proposed question? once. i'd let her throw a tantrum about something insanely ridiculous just once, and then i'd talk to her about it. i'd let her know that if it happens again, the relationship would be over. i simply don't have the time in my life for babysitting...

:dunno:

10. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

wow, thankfully i've never dated anyone like that i really doubt i could deal with it.

11. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

It really depends on the circumstances, but if someone is like that around me on a consistent basis, I am going to distance myself from them. Dating is about finding someone you ENJOY being around as much as possible. Nothing wrong with moving on when personalities clash. You aren't out there looking for the easiest woman to put up with, you are looking for someone you dont have to put up with, but enjoy every moment with.

Girls and guys have their mood swings, and some of it is necessary venting, but there is a fine and noticeable line between what is acceptable behavior and what isnt.

12. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

walk away ... adults dont throw tantrums

13. trom

trom New Member

I just (literally less than 20 mintues ago) had to deal with this with my girlfriend. She's been away in south america for about 3 weeks, and is getting back next week. She's upset because she "doesn't feel like I miss her."

1. She says its because my emails aren't personal enough.
    1a. I read her one of her own, and point out how it's the exact same type of small talk, only this time coming from her.

2. She makes a huge deal about how come I haven't called her, and have instead been emailing.
    2a. I point out that I thought she was traveling around and I wouldn't be able to reach her at random times of the day, and that I expected to set a time to call her via email so I wouldn't be calling internationally, getting the wrong person in Spanish, and wasting minutes.

3. She complains that I don't email her multiple times without responses (she checks email about every couple days). She wanted to see a inbox full of emails.
    3a. I point out that there really isn't a difference between emailing one email with a lot of stuff vs. a lot of "update" emails throughout the day.

We've been together for a year, and it's kind of a nice perspective change to be apart for awhile. I realize there are definitely some things about her I don't miss. :o :hs::dunno:

14. trom

trom New Member

The conversation ended with her being all upset and saying, see you Monday. Bye. *click*

The thing that pisses me off is that I'm always the one that is in the wrong. If I point out how she's being irrational, she says I need to accept that and realize that she will be sometimes. I'm now to the point where I'm getting mighty sick of constantly having to defend myself whenever a situation like above happens.

Fuckshitass, I'm pissed.

15. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

This type of attitude really pisses me off. Many women feel entitled to act like immature, petty, bitches at will for the simple fact they are women. Yay for you, you have 2 tits and a vagina, grow up and learn to keep your composure like an adult.

My ex-GF used to do the same shit. She'd go all nuts over the most trivial shit you can think of. She wouldn't let it go either, she'd just keep picking at everything as an excuse to bitch and carry on even more. When she got like that I'd just leave, I wasn't going to listen to that shit. Of course, that made her even more pissed. :mamoru:

16. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Field tested: When a woman gets that way she needs to be sexed. Bitchy, angry, emotional behavior in an LTR usually means "I need to be laid". If your GF is a bitch, you arent fucking her enough.

Case in point: GF is in South America for 3 weeks. She is a bitch when she gets back. She needs to be laid.

17. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Same.

One of my mates puts up with it ALL the time, at least once a day, but he's so laid back he just doesn't respond to her and she basically just has a tantrum by herself. Once she's normal again he'll deal with her then... I couldn't take it though, I'm laid back but not that much. They are both really happy though so I guess zoning out like he does works.