How much could my Rolla go for?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by niangelo, Jun 29, 2004.

1. niangelo

niangelo Buy me Bonestorm... OR GO TO HELL

1985 SR5 Auto.

280k miles, 100k on the engine.

Replaced engine, tranny, alternator two years ago.

Known problems - Low compression on one cylinder, throttle line is getting brittle, no muffler, heating fan is broken.

Runs perfect, still great mileage. Mild rust on wheel wells.

2. ae86andkp61

ae86andkp61 Guest

Around here that would fetch about $500 U.S. If you found someone gullible and cleaned the car up well, you might be able to squeeze $750 out of it.

3. niangelo

niangelo Buy me Bonestorm... OR GO TO HELL

Sounds about right. Some girl is going to pay $1000 CDN.

4. jessb20hatch

jessb20hatch Let's bang like Myosin & Actin

well it's worth about 100 dollars but some fucktard that wants to drift will see that "AE86" on the firewall and give you 1000 bucks not knowing that the GT-S and the SR5 are both AE86's.

5. Nairb

Nairb New Member

Just tell them how good it is for drifting and initial d, and maybe someone will bite.

6. KeeperOfAcheron

KeeperOfAcheron I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, beater of a

:werd:

7. 900stunna

900stunna Guest

I would offer you a bucket of piss and 3 used tampons I found in the trashcan.

8. ae86andkp61

ae86andkp61 Guest

It is always nice to dream that you will find someone locally who wants the car to fix up/upgrade/convert and really use. The sad truth usually turns out to be that the car is worth most and is easiest to sell as cheap transportation. In the Pacific NW, economy cars which run but have a few issues are worth at least $500 U.S. Fuck the haters, a running car is a running car, and someone will pay for useable transportation.

If you aren't in a hurry to sell, you can see if you can find either an enthusiast who needs a shell to restore, or someone who will pay a little more. I have found that the cleanliness of the interior and exterior make a huge difference in the value of cheap used cars. Buy some ArmorAll, some polish, and some wax, fire up the shop vac and put in a few hours of elbow grease to increase the value by a couple hundred. :eek3: