WEB how much could i expect to get with these many visitors?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by BoostedBoogie, Feb 27, 2008.

1. i have a gallery site that is more personal and shared among friends in san diego, los angeles, san fransisco and las vegas. i go out a lot and me and my friends take up a lot of pictures at parties, eating out, events, etc. just your usual gallery site.

well for the past few months, my life has been crazy and flooded with many parties and photoshoots and i get about a couple-hundred clicks a day. right now my gallery is at about 13,400 visitors for the past few months it's been live. i know it's not much $$$ to expect, but it's pretty good for a personal site that i only share among friends.

just wondering how much potential $$$ the site could make with ads. i've never really gotten into ads as of yet but plan to soon. i'm guessing maybe $10-50 extra bucks a month or something along that range? :dunno:

2. MaK10

MaK10 OT Supporter

i'd say if the quality of your pictures are that good, you could try to sell prints? i dont know, I dont have much experience with galleries, I ran gifsgalore.com but it made no money at all, so i ditched it (still have the domain though). Or if you're going to that many parties and taking pictures, talk to the club/bar owner and get them to pay you to take pictures... I just don't know how well adsense or any affiliate stuff would do on a gallery site.

3. Jesse

Jesse PSN: iamajesse; XBL: Inhale My Rod; G8 GT crew; Ne OT Supporter

If all your visitors are friends, I wouldn't count on ad-clicks to make money. Post the site, or PM me it, and I'll let you know what I think.

4. yeah that's true jesse, didn't think of that.

but yeah, was just wondering. i didn't intend on making a boatload of money from it. was wondering if it was worth the hassle of adding the ads for an extra couple bucks.

5. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

quick question, when you add ads to your site do you only get paid on impressions or click throughs?

6. they are all made through clicks i believe. not sure what you mean by impressions :dunno:

7. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

by impression i mean how many times the ad is just shown to someone.

8. MaK10

MaK10 OT Supporter

there are some companies out there that will pay you for impressions, but you have to get quite a few impressions a month for them to even consider you. Adsense and those similar, are pay per click.

9. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

Every once in a while with Adsense I get a few pennies with no clicks. I'm not sure how that happens :dunno:

10. Comtrad

Comtrad Guest

You get a certain amount per 1k impressions.

11. Any idea how much? That might have some potential right there if I went with impressions.

12. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

maybe a penny for every 1-2k impressions :dunno:

13. Comtrad

Comtrad Guest

yeah, it's small small change.

14. ouch, doesn't sound like something i should worry about this minute then. thanks for the replies guys. i didn't know much about impression ads