GUN how much are CZ 75 mags?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by spankaveli, Aug 6, 2009.

1. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

and are they interchangeable? i'm toying with the idea of picking up a 75B SA so I'll need to buy a bunch of mags :mamoru:

2. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Interchangeable with what? They are among the full-size 9mm models, difference being length.

Brownells has them (Mec-Gar's, which is who makes the factory mags) for $20 with the discount. Makes it hard to consider buying from somewhere else, though I've scored several @ or below $15. That's for the 16rd mags, SP-01 mags are more $$. 25/26 rds are big $$.

3. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

i don't know shit about cz's. aren't there a few different "75b" models?

this will probably end up being a steel gun and a range toy. i really don't feel like shooting limited minor although it might play that role too :rofl:

4. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Oh, my bad. Yeah, there are. Actually, there's a metric shit-ton of different "models" out there. Some are just finish differences, some have an added lanyard stud, some actual have meaningful changes. With the exception of the old "pre- B's" (which you likely wouldn't be interested in anyways), they all take the same mags. The compacts, and the Tactical Sports excluded, obviously.

The 'SA model is probably what you want, unless you like the added heft of the SP-01 derivatives (big railed models). A lot of guys do for Production, I dunno so much about steel. The NEW stainless models with the updated beavertail would likely work too, you'd just have to convert to SAO. Any '75 can be converted to SAO, but the older style frames (that don't have the upswept beavertail) aren't nearly as nice IMO.

I've been contemplating selling some of mine, including a Miossi gun. How much were you wanting to spend?

5. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

I know I can get dealer pricing through a friend, I think he said the best he found so far was 480 + tax + shipping. Probably around 550 when it's all said & done.

Is a converted one preferred to out of the box SA? i don't care about heft and i've got my production gun covered, hell, i could (and do) use that for steel but who really needs an excuse for another gun? :rofl:

i'm just doing homework now anyway, my wife wants a 26 so i have to buy her that before i buy myself another :o

6. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

No real need to convert them, unless you are buying something like a Stainless or SP-01 derivative. The conversion is literally just swapping out some DA/SA parts for SAO. No tangible advantage as far as I can tell, but I really like the 'SA platform.

That isn't bad for new..... but you can often score 'SAs cheap. I would MUCH rather do that, and spend the money on a better trigger, than buy a new one and leave it stock.

CZ's are just *meh* until you breathe on them a little. Then they becoem pretty killer.

7. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

good point. is there a cz board or something? i've done some searching on gunbroker and gunsamerica but it seems the SA are hard to come by.

8. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Yeah.

www.czforumsite.info

That's the big one. BEnos occasionally has some good stuff on it as well.

Cliffs:

Buy used 75SA. Buy Angus hammer, trigger, sights, and 15lb spring. Send all of it boxed up to Stuart Wong with $$. Get gun back in a week, and rock on.

Or buy one of mine.:)

9. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

tell me about yours :o

10. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

'75SA built by Jim Miossi. Think his tab was in the $400 range or so (I have the receipt). It has not been babied, but I never really beat on it because I had others I liked more. Out of the above mentioned, you would need different sights (Mep's on it now), and a trigger (it has one of the original steel curved ones, and I'm not giving that up because I can't get another one). Needs to have the FPB block removed for an even better trigger, but I never got around to it because I didn't shoot it that much (you just remove a lever from the sear cage, and replace with a spacer, no biggie).