How many?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Seoulmate, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Seoulmate

Seoulmate New Member

I'm doing a research project and would like your help...
    How many people does a 21 year old female have to have sexual intercourse with for you to consider her sexually promiscuous?
    How many people does a 21 year old male have to have sexual intercourse with for you to consider him sexually promiscuous?

Please include age, whether you are male or female, and which parent in your household is more in control of the family.

I know some of you are gonna say "numbers don't matter" or "it's more about the attitude" or "it's all subjective" But I would like to know at what number would you say to yourself, "now that's a slut, ho, etc."

Thanks

2. dscallaway69

dscallaway69 New Member

i am a male and my dad is in more control of the household. for a 21 year old girl, i would say like 10 to 15 and for a guy 15 to 20.

this also depends on what age they lost there virginity at. also I know i have the double standard there but that is the truth.

if you need a more specific number let me know

3. Dont Go Away

Dont Go Away New Member

For a 21 year old female, more than 6.
    For a 21 year old male, more than 8.

I'm an 18 year old female and my Mom is more in charge of the household.

4. Muricane

Muricane Active Member

For a 21 year old? More than 5 for both sexes.
    I'm male.
    Each parent has their say, neither is in a dominant role.

5. delslemonade

delslemonade Guest

murricane has it about right on that one

6. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

For both, 50, and my parents have equal control.

7. Laurel

Laurel New Member

12 for either
    I'm 18, and my mom is in control

8. Seoulmate

Seoulmate New Member

thanks guys. keep em coming

9. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

Girl: 7
    Guy: 10

I'm 20, both parents are in control.

10. VSismyheaven

VSismyheaven Guest

Girls and Guys: 8 or 9
    I'm 21, female, and both parents share control.

11. HopasaurusRex

HopasaurusRex Okay, now what the fuck do you want?

i think making such judgements based soley on numbers is ignorant and irresponsible. the context of sexual activity should be taken into account. if a girl has slept with 15 guys and a majority of those encounters were, say, under the influence, i think that's worse than a girl who willingly and confidently entered into, say, 30 sexual encounters (or at least encountered 30 different men.) if young people were brought up in an environment where sexuality was embraced, respected, and approached maturely, statistics like the ones you are trying to get wouldn't matter.

having said that, i'm male, 22, and my parents were about as equal as i've ever seen.

12. russd10089

russd10089 New Member

I agree, i'm male, 23, parents have been divorced since i was 2.

13. DesignerAddic71

DesignerAddic71 RIP Luther Vandross 1951-2005

i completely agree. a number shouldnt automatically correlate to a negative judgement. you have to look at how many were one night stands, relationships, fwb, etc. a person who has slept with 8 people could be more of a ho than a person who has been with 15 if you look at the circumstances.

im 20. both parents run the house

14. Dogz

Dogz interior crocodile moderator

Agreed,
    Male, 21, Mum rules the roost!

15. russd10089

russd10089 New Member

I'd like to add my 2cents do Designer's post.
    I dunno where he stands on 1 nighters, or FWB, as compared to relationships and whatnot.
    The only thing i look down on is using "i wasn't in the right state of mind" for more than one occasion. (alcohol, drugs, whateverelse could alter it)
    Reason i say more than once, cause i believe in learning from mistakes, and if you use that as an excuse, you're owning up to it being a mistake.
    1 nighters, and knowing what your doing, IMO is completely different than getting wasted and screwing someone at a party cause you were drunk. Whether male or female.

16. DesignerAddic71

DesignerAddic71 RIP Luther Vandross 1951-2005

i agree with the "state of mind" excuse. you should never use substances or habits as explanations for ur actions.

17. this is stupid, polling offtopic for "research"

honestly

18. Seoulmate

Seoulmate New Member

Some of you guys have obviously no idea where I'm going with this research...But to all those who said numbers aren't everything, you're wrong. As much as you'd like to think you're unbiased and view sexuality openly, there is a number a person would say and you'd be like, "Wow, that person slept with a lot of people and call them, i think making such judgements based soley on numbers is ignorant and irresponsible.even jokingly, dirty or a ho. And offtopic is a perfect place since my target sample is college aged students. Now enough with this "i think making such judgements based soley on numbers is ignorant and irresponsible" and get back to answering my INITIAL question. Thanks

19. Mutilus

Mutilus New Member

Absolutely Brilliant, I agree 100%.

BTW - 34 Male and there was no dominant parent, Mom was loud Dad was calm if that is what you mean.

Well in that case I suppose for either Male or Female it would have to be 100.

20. Charlotte

Charlotte Guest

I'm 19 and female, I would consider a girl promiscuous at 4 or 5, a guy at 7 or 8. My dad generally ran the show at home.

21. Mutilus

Mutilus New Member

You know I thought about this again. Your research is flawed if it doesn't allow for the variable of people who are not shocked by how many people a SO has been with. Technically by not allowing that to be included in your research, you are showing bias and implanting your own moral and personal opinions to draw your own conclusion. Basically you have missed the point. A study is supposed to identify all possibilities or it is generally bias in one direction or another. So you are fighting against basic research techniques and stating the rules before the study even begins. Just my $0.02.

22. Seoulmate

Seoulmate New Member

So there is absolutely no number that you would be shocked to hear? A 21 year old female slept with 1000 people and you wouldn't be shocked? A 21 year old male slept with 2000 and you wouldn't be shocked? Even if the number is a lot more that what others initially believe to be sexually promiscuous, you still have a number, even if it's in the 1,000s.

23. white lightnin

white lightnin New Member

Id say more than five for both.

Mom handles most maters at home and Im 22...

24. Seoulmate

Seoulmate New Member

Thanks...you male or female?

25. Mutilus

Mutilus New Member

I really don't believe I do. It is what it is. I am not the type that worries about that kind of stuff. Worrying is like a rocking chair it gives you somthing to do but you never really get anywhere. I would question the possibility of STDs in a 21 year old whom has been with 1000's but it wouldn't shock me. Of course I guess if a 21 year old said she had been with 10,000 people I would wonder if I had to pay when we were done, but it isn't shocking. Shit happens in life, people do things one way then change, or continue on that path, it's not for me to impose my views on what they do or to worry about what they have done. I live my life, they live their life and life happens all around us. People really put too much value on sex if a number of partners is shocking.