MIL How many of you got a Dear John letter?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by StuDLei, Jun 1, 2005.

1. StuDLei

StuDLei Death before Dishonor

How many of you ever got a dear john letter or something of that nature while you were away in bootcamp or on deployment?

My exgf in whom was deeply in love with me before i left for iraq and who i was planning on marrying etc broke up with me 5 days after i got home. i left last year on june 1st for training... shit went sour while i was in iraq in december...i got home in april and she broke up with me 5 days later. i am so deeply hurt and offended i honestly dont think i will ever be the same or be able to trust again. i wish she would turn into a man for 10 minutes so i could beat the living fuck out of her. I have so much against her yet i am still in love with her. i would go back to iraq again without pay if i knew when i got back that stuff would be the way it was...or where it should be. obviously thats not possible. i have come to the conclusion that other people "just dont get it".. refering to my experiences in iraq and whatnot. i know its somewhat not their faults but it irks me to my core. k im gonna stop writing now cuz the more i write the more pissed off i get.

2. Socrates

Socrates New Member

That is still one of the most heartless things I ever heard of.

I'm not sure if it would have been worse to tell you while you were in Iraq, and get you all mentally fucked up while in a combat zone, or if you thinking you're going to come back home to your dream life, then it gets shattered.

3. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

:hugot:

My son got his "dear john" the night before he deployed. He had given her his Combat Engineers school ring until he could afford a proper engagement ring. They were planning on getting married the summer after the deployment ends, but she told him the night before he left that she didn't think she could be married to a soldier. Hurt him so bad he threw the ring away. He told me that it was better to know now than to get a letter while he was deployed.

4. StuDLei

StuDLei Death before Dishonor

5. Whoflungpoo

Whoflungpoo BlooRly!?

Take solace in the fact that you didn't find this out AFTER you got married.:hs:

6. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

haha i never got one!!!

instead, she sent it to my house third day i got to boot camp. never bothered to tell me personally. i went through christmas and new years and two weeks in MRP not knowing that. i sent her 15 letters throughout boot camp and not once did she reply or care. the christmas call i got from the drill instructors was to her and she hung up on me :(

7. mongorunner

mongorunner New Member

my girlfriends friend dumped her boyfriend, an aquantince of mine, while he was in Baghdad, on 9/11, later that day his tank was hit by RPG fire he ended up with a useless foot which was later amputated what a shitty day for him eh:hs:

8. aphoric

aphoric Even if god did exist, it would be necessary to ab

I'm sure everyone has heard the cookies and video tape story... It is too outrageous to be true. What's worse is the predatory guys in military towns who get excited when there is a deployment... some of those guys are not civilians either.

9. JL

JL Wander-er OT Supporter

:sadwavey: About two months into my deployment I got a dear john email..... A FREAKIN EMAIL!!! :fawk2:

10. Socrates

Socrates New Member

a letter a girl sends to break up with her soldier boyfriend

11. Big Red

Big Red New Member

well i havent done anything like that to my hubby, but he did bring up the d word once already, since he has been at Taji. I suggested getting a job back home(TX) and living there with him being stationed here in KS. You know, like a geo-bachelor thing, many people i know in the military are doing it. Well anyway, he pretty much went the hell off, adn said things that he later regretted. But he really doesnt want to hear anything about the geo bachelor idea, he said he is selfish and wants his family around him while he isnt deployed.

12. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

Better to get a Dear John letter than just having her cheat. I could tell relationship horror stories all day long from my days at Fort Carson, CO while one of the units there was deployed.

13. Luciano

Luciano Guest

Whats the cookies and videotape story?

14. hooahrcr

hooahrcr Chris_Hearn

my friends fiance sent him a video of her letting three guys(who were on rear D in his unit) run a train on her. at the end of the video she said "oh by the way in case you havent noticed it's over, shouldn't of reenlisted huh." (this was 4 monthes into the deployment) what a whore and shitty battle buds

15. Ranger-AO

That would be tough. He should sell copies and use the money to bury his sorrows in several pairs of very large breasts.

16. PlayingGod

PlayingGod New Member

I got one 6 weeks into basic, way to kill the motivation eh?

17. Trouser Trout

Trouser Trout OT Supporter

Wow, that shit happens alot more than I thought it did. :hs:

18. aphoric

I got out at Carson, still live in the Springs... My current office mate had his wife cheat on him with a guy in his unit when he was in Bosnia. The same thing happened to his commander, so he did not go easy on the guy. My ex was fooling around when I was PLDC, of course I was not smart enough to get out then, took me a while to learn.

19. aphoric

In the Gulf War a guy gets a box of cookies and a videotape from his wife. He shares the cookies with the guys and they sit down to watch the tape. It is a tape of her cooking the cookies in the nude. Then a guy walks in and she goes down on him and makes him cum in the cookie batter and she says something like "I hope you enjoyed your cookies, I want a divorce." Could be true, women can be pretty spiteful...

20. carpet muncher

carpet muncher New Member

I got one while stationed at Camp Fuji, Japan.

I was due to fly back home at the 6 month mark for our wedding. We had an apartment, car, etc. already taken care of.

One month before I was to fly back I started to get suspicious. Somehow a friend of hers answered the phone when I called and slipped something that perked my ears. A week later I got a letter. Found out she'd moved some teenage punk into our apartment.

Luckily, I knew the apartment manager pretty well and asked to have my name removed from the lease so I'd have no financial obligations. She said "okay" and I broke off contact after that.

Here's something strange for ya: our apartment was in OKC. I grew up about 3 hours South of there. I was driving from OKC to my hometown and stopped at a random gas station to get a drink. My ex was working behind the register :eek3:

What are the odds of that?

21. Ranger-AO

22. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

you fucks are getting me all skurrrd ... i leave for iraq in about a month and i've been with my g/f for almost 5 yrs ... :noes: :noes:

23. Ranger-AO

That's not nice. :squint:

24. cfordhere

cfordhere Guest

got one three months into Korea deployment best thing that ever happened to me I didnt beleive how much money i truly made be it small amount being in the army but wow when you dont have a chic spending it all youd be surprised

25. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

Frined of mine in HS shipped out to Germany. His GF and I had always been friends, but she started coming on to me.

I recorded what she was saying and e-mailed the MP3 to the guy at Rammstein.
    Felt pretty good when she called up screaming at me and calling me every dirty name in the book. He was upset, but thanked me for letting him know.