How long will it take me to finish a good cut? *pics*

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Socrates, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I don't know how to pose. I'm not that big either. I don't want to look like Ronnie Coleman. Flame away at my lack of knowledge....

I am 6'0, I weigh 200 lbs. I haven't tried for any max lifts either. To give a partial idea where I stand, I have been maxing progress each week for 2 months, and last week I hit my record of doing 5 sets, 6 reps, 95 lbs dumbells on flat bench press. I started out at 65. Been going up 5 lbs each week. I can also do about 15 deadhang pullups. I started out doing 5. I don't know if that information helps or not....

My starting weight was 180 after losing everything during some training, and now I finally hit 200.

I am HAPPY with my muscle mass, but NOT happy with my bodyfat. I am not sure what my percent is, but i'm sure you guys can guess from the pictures. I am very unhappy with the bodyfat around my chest (or bitch tits, lol), and my midsection.

I currently take muscle milk, cell-tech hardcore, no-xplode, fish oil pills, and multivitamins.

For the guys who know what they are doing, ideally, how long should it take me to cut down to a good amount of bodyfat?

I have every intention on bulking again, it's just I am starting to look too fat to be happy.

[​IMG]

btw those are basketball shorts, not tighty whities :mamoru:.

[​IMG]

2. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

depends how lean you want to get

3. Socrates

Socrates New Member

When I was typing my post, I was trying to think of how to answer that before someone asked, but I am not 100% sure on what a certain percent of bodyfat looks like.

If you would take a look at the thread made by Knucks --- called "How is my cut going" or something like that ---- the picture he posted of his current progress is pretty much how I would love to look.

4. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Here is a pic of him from his thread for reference....

[​IMG]

Maybe 1% or 2% less than him.

5. jonno

jonno New Member

3 months?

6. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

Yeah it definately look like you have a gyno thing going on there. Your body fat actually isn't that high to be honest. Your arms etc are still pretty lean.. the fat is definately concentrated on your chest, stomach and love handles.

You do suck at posing but it looks like your body isn't very balanced. Arms and traps are pretty good but it looks like your lats are seriously lagging behind. Also delts are a weak point. Of course better pics would give a better impression.

It would probably take you a couple months to have similar body fat to the guy in the pic you posted.

7. knucks

knucks Active Member

you'd probably be able to do it on a strict diet in..~3-3.5 months :dunno:

I want to drop 2-3% more i think..

8. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

I'd say 3 months, which sets you up for sping break. I'm about ready to get shredded myself, my diet starts Feburary 1st. Untill then I'm trying to maintain some meat :x:

9. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I've always suspected the gyno thing. I have dropped down to about 170 before ---- and still had boobs. I figure if I get enough muscle mass in my chest, then cut, I should be able to lose the boobs.

My lats....to be completely honest, I haven't really paid a whole lot of attention to them. I don't know why, but it's probably something I should start putting a lot of effort into!

10. Marijuanair

Also, no offence but you dont look as developed as him. If you cut off all the fat you might not look as muscular. Only way to tell is to do it.

11. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Nah it's cool man, I agree. I am not happy PERMANATELY with my size, but I would much rather cut down, then start bulking again. I don't want to let myself turn into a fatass. I'm still in the Marines and my life will be hell if I start looking fat.

Honestly, I just want to look lean.

12. Marijuanair

I hear ya bro, that's what I wanted for a long time. Take it from me, it's much easier to get and stay lean with higher LBM. I was were you were not so long ago, I could cut so much faster now than I ever could before. I never wanted to get really big but I think I'm gonna get about 240lbs next winter before I cut.

13. NoQuarter

NoQuarter New Member

depends on you really, depends on how well you respond to cutting and diet. Also how much lbm is really under there, etc etc. Im leaner or as lean as the pic you posted of your goal and thats my off season and i still go 16 weeks minimum.

14. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

Yes - you should definately pay more attention to your lats. It widens you up and makes you look a lot bigger. A huge back is very impressive IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.