SRS how long until you got hooked on oxy?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Deadhead9150, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadhead9150

Deadhead9150 Banned

Well, I came across a bunch of percocet this weekend and I really felt like getting high but I didn't have any weed so I decided to try these out and, I have to admit, I really liked it. I've been trying to justify it by saying that it helps with my joint pain, and it certainly does, but it's a pretty weak excuse. I know I have an addictive personality and a host of underlying issues that I'm trying to address, I just started seeing a therapist last week. I guess what I want to know is do you think I'd be okay with taking them until I finish off the bottle (I have about ten left) and then I'll hopefully have something from my psychiatrist to help treat the underlying issues so I can stop self medicating or if I should just dump them and hope I don't /myself before my psychiatrist gets me on something?

2. aldus

aldus Guest

I don't think finishing the bottle would be good for you, but I also don't think you would be addicted (physically) after that.

What strength are they? When I had some 5mg's I had to eat 6 of the fuckers to even feel anything and even then I didn't really like it.

3. Ohmyashley93

Ohmyashley93 New Member

Oxycodone?

worst thing ever.
    Pretty much it's over the counter heroin.
    It's definitely not worth it at all. My friend is hooked on the shit, and the come downs are ridiculous.
    It's much better to be sticking to the herbskies.
    Or nothing at all lol.

Hope therapy works out for you :)

4. Deadhead9150

Deadhead9150 Banned

Yeah, oxycodone. I don't plan on making it a habit I just have an addictive personality and I just wanted to know if I'll get hooked from taking them for about a week. They say you can get addicted to heroin after trying it once, I just don't want to cause myself more problems than I already have just because it's an easy and convenient high.

I hope it works too:x:

5. Ohmyashley93

Ohmyashley93 New Member

read the rules or get banned

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2009
  6. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

I was having trouble sleeping and my psych gave me that, man it sucked:ugh: it was like being punched in the back of the head with a fist full of horse tranqulizers.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2009
  7. Ohmyashley93

Ohmyashley93 New Member

Lol oh my :O!
    That's definitely not good, but i guess it effects everyone in different ways.

8. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

You're probably already addicted to tell you the truth. It may not be a physical addiction yet but physical addiction is the least of your worries if you're addicted to drugs. The first step is to admit you have a problem, which it looks like you're already coming to terms with. I may be wrong, but if I am then that's a good thing. My advice, quit now...trust me. Drug addiction is hell on earth.

9. Deadhead9150

Deadhead9150 Banned

Well, it's all gone now so I've got no more either way.:bowdown:

10. JamesL

JamesL wat

There is a lot of misinformation in this thread...

11. JamesL

JamesL wat

edited

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2009
  12. Deadhead9150

Deadhead9150 Banned

I'm actually happy it's gone because I definitely want it. I don't feel like I need it but if I had some I'd definitely be taking it.

13. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

you probably need some help, try a 12 step group, or ask your therapist for tips on dealing with cravings, because there are a lot of effective ways out there. Keep us updated :hug:

14. Deadhead9150

Deadhead9150 Banned

I've pretty much forgotten about it happily.:) Crisis averted.

15. Sooka

Sooka New Member

There's a difference between physical dependence and mental addiction. To become phsyically dependent on it would take anywhere from two weeks to a month of daily use, while mental addiction widely varies based on the person. Honestly you just shouldn't start at all. I started taking Vicodin when I just turned 17 and quit with no problems after a month of daily use, then I tried Percocets a few months later. I was using opiates on and off with no withdrawals and no "sense" of mental addiction until I was 19, and then I got heavily hooked on them and still have trouble stopping now.

You might not get addicted for at least a year, or you might be addicted in a month. But either way, if you start and keep doing it you WILL be addicted, and 90% of the people I know who started, including myself, kept doing it and got hooked. Just don't even fuck with that shit, if I knew back when I was 17 what I know now then I would have never even tried it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.