How long until the pills are effective?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Gatsby, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

GF is going on the pills thursday. When can we start having sex again?

2. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

supposed to be like 2 weeks i believe. why not just use a condom for now?

3. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

I can't get off on a condom.

4. beanolo

well than definitely wait it out.. i believe 2 weeks is like the minimum..

unless you being a daddy is something you want right now.

5. Sunnyday

Sunnyday New Member

It depends what pill it is. These days the most common ones you start taking when you start your period, then I think it's 5 days or so after that, but you'd best be checking with your doc.

6. TotalEclipse02

TotalEclipse02 OT Supporter

please don't give misinformation :)

http://www.fwhc.org/birth-control/thepill.htm

It is effective immediately if taken within 6 days of period, but one month otherwise. Check the website

7. Snoofle

Snoofle Guest

for it to be completely safe..she has to finish one full pack (a months supply)

8. NJGuy

NJGuy "Fuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmef uckmefuckmefuckmefuckm OT Supporter

I thought you had to wait till after her first flush once she takes them. Then your GTG

9. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

Misinformation ahoy!

Just find look at the fold-out insert that came with her pills. It always says how many days to wait before having sex without any extra protection. I've been on 3 different types before & all of them have said to wait until after you have taken the 7th pill of the first pack before going bareback; regardless of when you started taking it.This is the same info I've always seen for combination (estrogen-progesterone) pills. However, mini-pills can have a different wait time; I'm currently taking the mini pill (progesterone only) & the insert says to wait 48hrs before doing anything without extra protection.

If you want to be on the safe side then you can always wait until she finishes out the first pack to make sure her body took to them well. You don't want to start going bareback on day 10 only to have her stop taking it the next day because she can't handle the side effects she ends up with (if any). But that's just my personal opinion.

Why is it so hard to just read the package insert for whatever pills you/your gf are taking?? This topic has been discussed many times recently & it always seems like no one reads the insert. I can't be the only one who reads it so I know what I'm getting myself into. If she won't let you read the insert or won't tell you what pills she's taking so you can both be well informed, then you probably shouldn't (or aren't ready to) be going bareback. If you just haven't asked to read the insert then get off your butt and ask her for it. This isn't an attack on you if it sounds that way, it just gets frustrating to always relay info that is clearly stated on the package insert. I could understand if it were a question about unmentioned side effects or personal experiences, but it's stated right on the insert how long you should wait. Now, asking how long people have actually waited before they felt it was safe is obviously something you can't read off of an insert.

10. beanolo

:dunno:

that is what the doctor told us, I guess I misunderstood :)

11. Master Shake

Master Shake Guest

Condom's aren't that bad...I mean seriously what is wrong with hitting it with a rubber on? It just means you're being safe then sorry.

12. wilyfem

wilyfem Guest

Depends. I'm on Yasmin birth control. It goes into effect immediately or after 7 days, depending on when you start it. She needs to ask her gyno and read the package insert.

13. Snoofle

Snoofle Guest

i guess it depends on the type of BC you use..my gyno told me a full pack for mine.

14. 240sxgirl

240sxgirl New Member

14 days dude just wait the 14 days consider it blow job week.

15. Master Shake

Master Shake Guest

What about the patch? My girl's prolly going on that:dunno: yet but she wants to try sex once without a condom once she goes on the patch. Again I'm a bit :ugh: about sex bareback right now...I mean I want to try it but I'd rather be safe then sorry.

16. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Please SEARCH before posting. This has been covered many MANY times. Closing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.