How long to move on?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Mugen92GS-R, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Mugen92GS-R

Mugen92GS-R New Member

Well I'm sure most of you know I recently (about a week and a half ago) got out of a 3.5 month relationship I would say I was pretty emotionally invested in.

I didn't take it too bad, as she was basically a huge whore, so I keep telling myself the girl I liked didn't exist, and etc. It (the break up) wasn't nearly as bad as I would have guessed, just because she was soooo disrespectful and such a liar.

I went on a date with a girl Tuesday, and we hung out again last night. Ended up messing around some and etc, and I had an awesome time. I'm not going to rush in to anything with her, as I really want to get out there and see who's available, but of course it's in the back of my mind.

My question is, we've all heard it takes two things to get over a relationship... time and someone else. I have no problem finding the 'someone else's', but my question is, those of you who have gotten out of relationships, how long on average has it been until you were ready to fully pursue another girl?

I know it's kind of an ambiguous question, but personal experiences close to mine would be appreciated.

2. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

The amount of time depends on how chemically addicted you were to your ex. Anywhere from 1 day to years. Think of coming off of a drug like cocaine or cigarettes. How long does that take? It varies for each person depending on how addicted they were.

As for someone else, it's best to wait until you're over the person BEFORE moving on to someone else. Otherwise you're just trading one addiction for another.

3. 2angelmd

2angelmd New Member

:eek4: I was going to write the exact same thing but thought it'd take too much effort to explain.

4. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

i think the rule of them is half the time of the relationship, or 6 months... whichever is LESS is the maximum ammount of time you should be moping or making excuses.

After that you have to try as hard as you can to move forward.

5. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

What ever you feel comfortable with; this isn't something someone else can answer for you; however I generally give myself 6 months for a long term relationship that lasted a while.

6. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

For shorter relationships, I've noticed that the time to get over her is approximately the amount of time the relationship lasted. This is for myself though.

So, if it was a 3 month relationship, I'm usually cool within 3 months.

LTR's, however, I'm noticing for myself that my one LTR took me about a year to come to terms with it, and I'm a year and a half out now and I'm still trimming off the "edges" of getting over it.

7. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

IF your emotionally invested after 3 months you have issues... i got out of a 3.5 year relationship... thats being emotionally invested... you need a day...

8. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You do realize it's not just time or another person needed to get over a relationship. It's emotionally getting closure from it all. That is obviously what takes time, but you have to follow the right steps to let yourself get over it. There's a healthy way and the unhealthy way.

The unhealthy way is the guy you see 4 years later who is still noticeably bitter about his "whore of an ex girlfriend." He obviously never has fully gotten over it.

You have to grow and learn from the relationship in a positive way and not let yourself become jaded and bitter. You guys dated 3 months. She was young, stupid and 17. Learn from it by choosing better women, more mature women from now on who you actually trust. The second you want to start calling hospitals and reading her diary it apparently isn't a good relationship.

9. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Oh shit, i didn't even realize that this was that guy.

I'm usually never in the mood to say this, but I'm going to say it once in my life down here:

We told you so.

I meant what I said in your last thread about this girl. Go see a psychologist.

10. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

This seems like kind of a long time.. I'd actually say for me it's more like half of the length of the relationship.. 9 month.. ready in 4-5.. etc. It obviously varies person to person, but generally speaking I don't get as emotionally attached as the girl. I've yet to find a girl who totally just blew my mind as far as being in a relationship goes.