How long should I wait after polishing, before I wax

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by crazy__mike, Jan 6, 2003.

1. crazy__mike

crazy__mike Guest

I've read Scott's product list and have just about every product in my garage.

Right now I have choosen to use "3Ms Imperial Hand Glaze" as my polisher. But my question is how long should I wait after using the 3Ms Imperial Hand Glaze before I should wax my car. This is under normal wealther conditions. I live in austin tx, it doesn't get to cold here.

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

You can wax immediately after polishing. Use the glaze, one panel at a time, wiping front to back, like the wind goes over your car. After all panels are polished, no residue is left, apply the wax the same way you used the polish.

Incidentally, what made you choose the Imperial Hand Glaze over something like Megiuar's #7? Also, what wax are you planning to use? None of these make a difference as far as your technique or waiting time before wax application, I'm just being nosy. :big grin:

3. crazy__mike

crazy__mike Guest

I use Imperial Hand Glaze because a friend of mine said that he got great results from it. So I used it, is Megiuar's #7 a better product to use.

For the wax I have always used yellow #26, last longer then turtle wax. hahaha Yes I use to use that stuff, back in the day when I didn't know any better.

thanks for your help

4. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Hey, if he got good results from it, by all means, give it a try! I can't comment on it vs. Meguiar's #7, since I don't have any experience with Imperial Hand Glaze. Perhaps Scottwax can give some input to this.

#26 is also what I use as a wax, I'll be switching to S100 when I use up the rest of my #26, which should be soon, I'm detailing my mom's TrailBlazer this weekend.

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

IHG and #7 are pretty interchangable, but S100 Shine Enhancing Paint Cleanser works just as well and comes off a lot easier than either IHG or #7. Also, IHG and #7 leave the paint 'squeaky' clean and S100 SEPC leaves the paint 'slick' clean so wax glides on even easier.

Another option for a final glaze/polish before waxing is Clearkote's Vanilla Moose ( www.clearkote.net ). It isn't on the website yet, but you can order it via the comment box on the order page for $12.00 a pint, which works out to roughly the same cost per ounce as S100 SEPC. Just as easy to use and leaves the paint feeling silky smooth.