How long should i continue bulking for?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Lionel Hutz, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lionel Hutz

Lionel Hutz Guest

Right now i am 5'7, 170lbs. before my bulk i was 5'7 128lbs (like 2.5 years ago). Im putting on tons of muslce, but also tons of fat. :wtc: Right now my face looks ok still (not getting rounded out too bad yet) but my stomach is starting to look very bad. Should i continue bulking, and then cut down? or just cut down now? The reason i am confused is i tried cutting last year when i was 160lbs, and what happened was i got down to like 140, and wound up losing alot of muslc,e and hardly any fat (i still lifted just as hard, ate enough but just very cleanly, and did low intensity cardio 3 times a week) yet i lost virtually no bodyfat, just size, i still have a soft gut at 140. My long term goal is to be decently sized with a sixpack (or flat stomach at least). so what should i do? I really think i woul dhave to lost about 30 lbs of fat in order to get cut. And no pics, all i have is my cameraphone which sucks.

2. N.A Honda

N.A Honda New Member

Any idea what your bf% is at right now? If not you should find out. I think if you're at over !5%bf you should considering cutting soon.

3. ryazbeck

ryazbeck New Member

pick a heavy weight, like 200, and bulk up to it, do it clean and you could probably keep some excess fat off

4. AznRyda

AznRyda キモかわいい!

Bulking for me starts 5/16 and I plan on going until Feb~March. I doubt I can gain 50lbs in that time period. :wtc:

5. Lionel Hutz

Lionel Hutz Guest

You don't think 200lbs is too much for someone my height? I was thinking go to 185 and cut down to like a ripped 160, 155, then bulk again but this time to 200.

6. ryazbeck

ryazbeck New Member

well the more you bulk the more muscle mass you will gain, its upt you how big you want to be

7. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

Just go to 200.

8. ryazbeck

ryazbeck New Member

yeah, no point in bulking then cutting then bulking again, you're not preparing for a contest or anything.

9. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

go to 200 and then take your time cutting.

10. SteveO

SteveO Guest

650 lbs, why do you want people to make your choices? do it until you are satisfied. If you are like most people, you will never be satisfied and that's why this sport is such an addiction to people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.