SRS How long is an unopened bottle of rum good for?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by m4m4 l0n9, May 3, 2008.

1. m4m4 l0n9

m4m4 l0n9 Well-Known Member

It's Captain Morgan. I bought a 750 ml tonight but the idiot I am, I forgot my medication I am taking is called Isoniazid.

Isoniazid may cause severe and sometimes fatal liver damage. Tell your doctor if you have or have ever had liver disease or a history of alcoholism or injection drug use. Keep all appointments with your doctor and the laboratory. Your doctor will order certain lab tests to check your response to isoniazid.

If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately: excessive tiredness, weakness, lack of energy, loss of appetite, upset stomach, vomiting, dark yellow or brown urine, and yellowing of the skin or eyes.

I tested positive for TB. I'm not off the meds until January of 2009.

So my question is this: How long is an unopened bottle of Captain Morgan good for? I know it's silly, all this over a $15 bottle. But hey, it's still $15, right? I could give it away, but I can't think of anyone who would want it. So would it be okay to keep it sealed up until January 2009? This would be a real test to see how long I can go without alcohol.

2. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Keep that shit sealed up tight and enjoy next year! It's distilled, it'll outlive you. :big grin:

3. Actvs Dei

Actvs Dei OT Supporter

decades

4. planeh

planeh Guest

you're set dude. save it

5. _600RR

_600RR New Member

what about Jack Daniel's? Can you keep those for a long time too??

6. Lucky Penny

My understanding is that any alcohol that is distilled, yes. Any alcohol that is live, like beer or wine, not such a great idea. :mamoru:

7. Lucky Penny

Oh, and I might think twice about anything that's not a straight distill. Something cream based, like Baileys might get kinda skeezy after a while, even if unopened. But that's just a guess. :dunno:

8. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

They do not age wine for a reason. Wine does not go up in price as it grows older. The sky is red during the day, and blue during the sunset.