LGBT How long have you been out?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Taylor, Feb 16, 2004.

?

How long have you been out?

1. Not out

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  2. < 6 months

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. 6-12 months

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. 1-2 years

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. 2-5 years

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. 5 years +

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. Taylor

Taylor Guest

Continuing from the coming out thread... how long have you been out, any interesting stories?

2. Insey

Insey I can feel my cunt contracting

Well I'm out only to a few people...mostly people online. A few people from school suspect me since they have seen me hanging out with other gay people at the mall and other local hotspots.

Btw, pics of you? :)

3. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

Out to all my friends and whomever might feel compelled to ask. But only got very accepting of it this past summer when i had my first REAL relationship (i.e. spending lots of time together, travelling together, doing everything together).

He really gave me confidence in myself in accepting who I was and who I would continue to be as i grow. We're not together now but I'm so thankful to have him in my life still as a great friend whom I trust so much. :)

4. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

I've been out for 10 years. :)

5. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

1 and a half years. It's been, uhm, fun I guess.

6. GeekDrew

GeekDrew aka DataDrew

Out for 3 years. And I'm 19.

7. GND

GND BBP! OT Supporter

both of my brothers know I'm bi. Some of my co-workers and close friends know as well. Does that count? My parents don't know, but I think my mom suspects.

My dad asked me if I was gay when I first got my tongue pierced. :rofl:

8. Insey

your sister is really hot btw. I think I would hit it if I wasn't gay. your parents produced some nice looking kids :bigthumb:

9. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

im....eh...not out

10. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

It's complicated, but yea I'm out... and you already know that crazy story pum'kin... Maybe I'll post it when I have time to slack off at work in a couple hours; I should be asleep right now.

11. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

I'm out to most people and people who ask...its probably been 8 months now.

12. Goomiferous

Goomiferous New Member

Out for 6 years, and I'm 20. Told my brother when I was 11 and he was 9, and he didn't really seem to care either way, much like he is now. My sisters and mother came at 14, and then a few weeks later I very worriedly told my dad.

He then informed me that his best friend of over 25 years was gay, and that he'd been to gay clubs quite a bit in the past. His friend was very obvious and got them into trouble at straight clubs, often within minutes of going in the door.

I told my two best (And only really) friends when I was 16. One stopped talking to me within a couple weeks, and the other slowly drifted away although I could tell it bothered him because he would say "That's gay." and then apologize profusely etc.

In school the people who knew either didn't have a problem with it, or weren't willing to say anything about. Kind of surprising considering where I live.

Meeting people who had been out in school (None in mine) was pretty eye opening. I looked at the experiences of my first boyfriend, and some other friends, and the shit they had to deal with on a daily basis brought me into an "Angry gay avenger" mode for a little while, and who better than a 6'5 guy from the "crazy kids" class to do it?

I'm sure some schools are far better than mine, it was one of the worst schools in the province and so had a variety of weird programs (Like mine for kids who had severe emotional issues in the past). It was both a relatively small high school (1000 kids), and one dominated by one huge clique as opposed to a bunch of sub-groups. It was also largely muslim, and the ones at THIS school certainly were not FOR THE MOST PART tolerant.

Rant rant rant. Well that was more an extended gay life story that ends a couple years ago, but it covered the extent of my coming out when it mattered... I have years and years worth of stories...

13. bri1042

bri1042 New Member

Gods...coming up on 14 years since I came out. It's been a long and often wild ride. :)

14. Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid New Member

I'm out online, and am out to 2 of my friends in real life.

But since I'm not your standard "gay" no-one really needs to know what's under my GF's dress, do they?

15. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

I've been out for... seven years... wow... how time flies when your having fun...

It took me a LONG time to come out. I ended up finally having the guts to come out at 26 years old.

I wasted so much time... I'm envious of all you early/mid teenagers who have the guts to come out. Good for you!!!

16. Taylor

Taylor Guest

I figured there was no better time for me to redefine myself than going to college where no one knows me anyway, so I sort of set that as my deadline.

17. Insey

wow 26...

I'm sure you dated a lot of women in that time period.

18. Sam Gamgee

Yup... I've never had a problem dating...

I had various girlfriends from when I was 10 to 26, with one girl for four years.

And the entire time I couldn't figure out what was missing. Turns out it was a penis.

19. Insey

Damn I would hate to spend all that time unhappy. I knew from age 12 that I was gay and I am never turning back. Girls = nasty and bitchy.

20. Taylor

Taylor Guest

I remember asking my mom if I could marry my best friend. I think I was 6 or 7. :rofl: :mamoru:

21. Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid New Member

I could say the same thing, but I don't like the male physique. hence my prefference in women.

Which, BTW, an online flirt might be taking a more serious turn :x:

22. Sam Gamgee

I wasn't unhappy. I just wasn't my true self. My happiness isn't defined by one particular thing... like sexual preference.

Girls are not nasty and bitchy. I'm sorry you feel that way. You should consider rethinking that opinion at some point.

23. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

I've been out for a little over 7 years now. It took me a while to come to terms with. I knew I was different than anyone else around me, but I thought it was just a phase I was going through. It wasn't until my mid-twenties that I realized....it's not going away. It's strong as ever. I decided to take a walk on the other side of the fence and although my first relationship totally sucked, I realized this is who I am. A lot of things fell into place in terms of how I understand myself.

However, my sexuality does not define who I am. It is but one small part that makes up the whole.

As for girls being bitchy and nasty, no. I don't necessarily agree with that. They are more prone to those traits at certain times because by nature, women are much more hormonal than men, but some of my best friends are women - both gay and straight.

24. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

...this is a serious question. Are your female friends 'breastically endowed'??? Something that I noticed in the last 2 years is that arguably all of my female friends--even those who refuse to be labeled a hag to my fag--have rather large breasticals... And surprise surprise, I can be entranced by them! Like, stop what I'm doing, derailed mid-sentence type of entranced... Does anyone else have a similar experience??

25. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

Nope. One is extremely overweight. The other is extremely fit and almost flat chested. Both straight. Another is a Lesbian - normal size. The other two are a lesbian couple...one normal sized, the other flat chested.