How long have you been gymming, and what got you into it?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Benigma, Nov 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benigma

Benigma OT Supporter

Simple question.

I was off an on at a couple of gyms in the past, but was never that serious about it. I moved states, and after speaking to a friend who was really into it, it re-motivated me. I joined a gym 6 months ago and haven't looked back.

For me I was look at increasing all round fitness and strength as I look at getting back into playing some sport again next year.

How bout you?

2. PEnGUiN188

PEnGUiN188 New Member

When I looked down at myself trashed sitting alone at a party gettin no pussy and realized im a fat fuck.

Now at 11%bf. Eating right, and 24hour gyms saved my life, thanks Oprah!

3. Bacchus

Bacchus Skinny Guy

I was never a fat kid. Always very thin, and very weak. I was a high level middle distance runner as a teen, and got injured - therefore all potential scholarships got scraped. (I had offers at [email protected], UCLA and Michigan). I biked for a few years later, and liked it - but dropped it when i went to college and started smoking pot and drinking too much beer. I continued to get weaker, and fatter - to the point were i was 160 with 10'' arms and 22%+ bodyfat.

Fast forward to last winter. Got invited to a destination wedding. Wanted to look good for a beach vacation this past summer. Within no time, I fell in love with it - also realizing that at the age of 27, I haven't been active in almost 10 years. I realized that if i don't make this a habbit soon - then it's only going to get worse.

I feel in love with weight training, and pushing my body to levels I would have never expected I can reach (and seeing muscles i've never had before develop -such as lats, delts and triceps helped).

I've never been half this strong - and I know i've got a long way to go, but i'm loving every minute of it.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  4. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

i started spending time and money in the gym to get more pussy, that investment still hasn't paid off yet :wtc:

5. ZACKMORRIS

ZACKMORRIS Active Member

I've only been going to the gym for 8 months. I started going because I was sitting around basically doing nothing all day. I've never been fat, nor even what most people would consider overweight or chubby. Now 8 months later, I weight the same as what I started at, except I'm much bigger.

6. Adom

Adom OT Supporter

started about a year ago, went for a couple months, and quit going for a few months. been going regularly now for 6 months.

being a fat ass is what motivated me. looked back at my senior pictures and said what the fuck happened.

now I'm in probably the best shape I have ever been in. i love going!

7. Cumstang02

Cumstang02 New Member

I don't want to look like my brothers and don't want to die early like my dad. I've been doing it for about 7-8 years

8. Mass

Mass Active Member

been working out since summer of '00, cant even remember why I started now

9. Ish

Ish New Member

5 months

i was bored

10. Finest

Finest OG #93

High school sports, which lead to weight training.

11. miek

miek New Member

plus attention from women :eek5:

12. romostud22

romostud22 New Member

tired of being the fat one amongst my friends. tired of low self esteem and being a weak fatty. :/

i've been going for a year and two weeks. Long live the iron.

13. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

gymming for about 5-7 years. 6 of those years were to get down from 500lbs to 250s. Been serious about the big 3 for about a year now, maybe a tad longer. Now I'm up 25lbs and the strongest I have ever been in my life.

14. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

About 4 years i suppose. Got into it to look at naked dudes in the locker room. No homo.

15. Drilldo

Drilldo Active Member

I've been lifting seriously for about two years now, but I lost a bunch of weight about four years ago just doing cardio and light lifting at the same gym. Prior to that I took the weight lifting class in highschool but I wasn't really into it. What actually got me in the gym years ago to lose weight initially was a girl :rofl: Then two years ago I came back to finish what I started and I find the better shape I'm in the stronger my desire reach my goals.

16. HorseDick

HorseDick Active Member

Been lifting since mid 2005...I was a fat fuck, 5'11 @ 238lbs from sitting around playing counter strike and eating bowl after bowl of cereal until 4am while drinking mountain dew.

I always wanted to lose weight but never could stick to it. Then a friend started coming with me to the gym, and like every other hobby I became obsessive about it...eventually it became part of my routine and I have stuck with it since.

17. Frank Dux

Frank Dux Guest

What got me into it? Life...

And even as a young kid I admired jacked dudes and wanted to be one.

18. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

Been working out at home for just about 3 years now ... After my wife and I split I had lots of free time and I started seeing this chick who had a huge ex so it seemed like the right thing to do. LOL.

19. Thomas Crenshaw

Thomas Crenshaw New Member

Horsedick told me to man the fuck up and start lifting. Got addicted like everything else i've done in my life (coke, pot, pills) got my life on track and i never foot bad now.

20. soccerboixyz

soccerboixyz Member

almost 3 years of consistent, serious training (which means the time i've been doing squats and deadlifts)

i got into it because i was an underweight weakling. i started just doing sets of 50+ pushups and situps in my room every night, then did the whole bench+curls+machines bullshit, before finally realizing i'd have to man up and do squats, deadlifts, presses, rows, etc. in order to get strong.

21. pitchblue

pitchblue New Member

:rofl: thats how I started really taking an active interest in size, just bored.

22. danewreed

danewreed OT Supporter

one of those PYP threads...got a suggestion to hit the gym and lift, before that I just went to the gym to play basketball for hours :rofl:

23. sandor3kgt

sandor3kgt New Member

:hs:
    Hey me too, except I don't have any brothers.

24. Aspirin

Aspirin OT Supporter

awesome stories:cool:

been lifting for 2 months. Dont wanna be a fat kid anymore. Its my last year of school and my last spring break ever in March, so i wanna have abs for it for the first time in my life.

25. SugarCoatedSour

SugarCoatedSour Active Member

Was bored at the time and my buddy said I should lift with him. Been lifting since summer '06 now and have probably missed a few days here and there off my set routines.

That and I was 130lbs @ 5'9" starting and got up to 170lbs at one point. Sitting at 160 right now, since I'm trying to lean up as best as I can. :hs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.