how long does it take to notice...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by taintedutopia, Jun 26, 2006.

1. taintedutopia

taintedutopia New Member

the effects of pregnency? when can you start to "feel" your pregnent if you are. can you tell before your missed period?

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Some women claim they know the moment they are pregnant. Personally I didn't find out until I was 15 weeks along :o but I wasn't exactly expecting it. If you think you're pregnant, take a test.

3. JaredRules

JaredRules New Member

supposetly it takes 7-10 days after conception to even record on thoes pregnancy test things. every woman is different and each knows there body a little differently. ive heard of larger women that have been 6-7 months pregnant and didn't even know it.

4. beautiful disaster

beautiful disaster OT Supporter

i never got that.... how could you be prego into your second trimester and not know it? not getting your period for 6 months should send up a red flag :o

5. Darth Bagel

Darth Bagel New Member

My girlfriend had normal periods for the first 3 months of her pregnancy.

6. lauren

lauren Active Member

many people dont get their period every month. i know a girl who is almost 5 months along and just found out two weeks ago. :hsugh:

shes petite, and just woke up with a belly one day. oh snap.

another girl i knew some years back new after a week. she just felt prego. :dunno:

7. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

The third time, I just knew within a couple weeks. The first two I had to wait on the test.

8. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Like others have said, many women do not have regular periods. Some of us choose to ignore the obvious signs until they can't be ignored any longer :o Some are just ignorant of their body and don't pay attention to things like that. There are many reasons.
    One thing I've always wondered is how do they not feel the baby kick and move inside of them?

9. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

side question (and if no one asnwers I'll just make a new thread): what happens if a woman gets pregnant because she misses one of her b/c pills, but keeps taking them and doesn't think she's pregnant. would the baby still be healthy?

10. beautiful disaster

beautiful disaster OT Supporter

thats a really good question and i wish i knew... lol :hs:

11. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

Thats what my girlfriend said how it was with her daughter.

12. taintedutopia

taintedutopia New Member

well if you have normal periods should they not happen as soon as the next one should be here even if the sex only happened recently??? how soon after sex can you take an at home test?

13. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Please read my sticky ;) There is a ton of information in there that will help you.
    You can take an at home test up to 5 days before your missed period, but they aren't as accurate (meaning you are more prone to getting a false negative) than if you wait until the day you are supposed to get your period or after.

14. lauren

lauren Active Member

the package states no harm would be done to the devolping fetus, but at the same time, you should stop taking it as soon as you find out. :hs: