SRS How long does it take to get over someone?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Herr Capitan Sebas, Jan 19, 2005.

1. I'm pulling the plug on any chance of being with a grl i like, cos it's easier this way. I only torment myself. Maybe if i wait it could happen, but i'm not going to. I'm pretty much over it now after 2 weeks, but if she texts me asking to meet up that's when it'll show. I'm not sure how i'll react. I'm sure i will never text her if she doesn't text.

2. Kontact

Kontact Zombish

I went through that for a solid month and a half, when a week would go by I would finally let it go and whenever I felt I was getting over her BAM I would get a text or call. Finally it lead to us hooking up and it was amazing, could very well be a communication problem and you are both thinking the exact same thing, thats what happended with us, turned out to be funny but stressful.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Action = reaction
    no action = no reaction.

You see if you don't plant any seeds, you will never harvest a relationship.

You can wait and sit in your room for the doorbell for a beautifull girl to arrive at your doorstep, but in reality life isn't a hotel with roomservice, it's more like you are a hunter who goes out making an effort to kill pray. Therefore yep if you don't text her she will never text you back. Obviously go and text her.

4. Jester

Jester OT Supporter

I've found that I can only be friends with my exes if I don't see them for about six months; then I'm totally over them. I wouldn't be able to maintain a facade of friendship. If she texts you, respond, but don't meet up with her anywhere. That's what I'd do, anyways.

5. themacstallion

themacstallion The electric sheep are dreaming up your fate

when ever i really love a girl and have my heart broken really bad it will take at least twice as long as the relationship lasted before i was okay again.

6. HardTech

HardTech hungry

I dated a girl for 15 months and it took me 11 months to get over her

7. AKing

AKing It's like we've got each others backs

basically takes atleast half the time of the relationship and then some to get over an ex. This is my last month of half :)

8. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

It will take a fortnight.

9. Beezure

Beezure Go Lightning!! OT Supporter

what !!! i just broke up with my ex of 4 years, so it's gonna take 8 to get over her :eek4: :eek4: :eek4: :eek4: :eek4:

10. AKing

i think for that you should quickly find yourself another girl just to get your mind off your ex. Damn i wouldnt wait 8 years to find another love. :ugh:

11. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

it takes finding hope in someone else, or just occupying yourself & realizing you're ok on your own.

12. Beezure

Beezure Go Lightning!! OT Supporter

:werd: , it was hard the first couple days, but it's not to bad now, It just depends on how look at it.

13. cdk-rod

cdk-rod Active Member

I can't be friends with an ex if they have someone else. It's just too awkward for me.

14. AKing

Of course it is. Your not suppose to be friends with them unless you put your faith in another person beyond your Ex. Just waiting to go back to school for that.

15. bum bum

bum bum Guest

girls won't make you happy, but Jesus will

16. RyeBread

RyeBread If you tell the truth you don't have to remember a

for me, it always depended in part on if our lives were otherwise still entwined.

ever fall in love with a co-worker, and then get your heart broken?

still have to bump into, see, and/or work with said person. worse, get to watch how easily/quickly it was for the liar to have moved along to the next office romance, and lie about it all along as well. worse when said person wants to still be "friends" so she can pretend to have a concience, and not be the horrible person she knows she is deep down.

:wave:

I also have recently made peace with an ex, that ended horribley for both of us. Didn't speak with, or see her for over a decade. Thought I was over her honestly, but realized that I hadn't experienced the actual emotions that are needed to walk thru after that relationship ended. Never really dealt with it, or had the closure - suppressed it all along.

For the first time in a long time, I am honestly happy for her, and her happiness - we have managed to re-become friends. Nothing more, just friends who want each other to be happy.

We don't see each other very often, but talk prolly 3-4 times per month. :dunno:

17. AKing

I beg to differ on that but thats a whole other issue.

18. IgnitionGSR

IgnitionGSR OT Abuser

:ugh:

19. kilgore trout

kilgore trout New Member

my gf of 2 1/2yrs and lived with her for 7months moved to spain on the 7th for 6months, she just gradutated college and her sister is studying abroad there so her parents offered her a free trip. i m miserable, i walk through our house and shes gone and shes in a new place so its not hard on her.