how long does it take full details for you. Scottwax

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by quamen, Nov 17, 2003.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

Nov 14, 2003
    I just cant get over the methods most of you
    seem to use. As in the hand method to apply, products.
    i never really did it this way, since i worked in a detail shops
    or even on my own time doing customers cars. I see the results of
    cars like Scottwax does and they turn out amazing. But how long or how much longer does it take to complete the outside by hand?

i usually used the rotary for bad paint, but most time a dual action buffer
    and a huge orbital or a hand method for wax. dual action for polishing metods switching pads and removing light swirls.

say for like suvs and cars what is your time frame. Also what is your time frame
    for complete exterior and interior details?

i know i can do 2 cars a day average size cars in and out full details.

wash, polish, wax, carpets etc
  2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Dec 23, 2001
    I can do about 3 cars in 10 hrs.
  3. Scottwax

Scottwax The Detailing EDU is stickied in the Detailing for Moderator

May 5, 2000
    It depends on the size and condition. I once did a Thunderbird in 2 1/2 hours, but the interior was immaculate already and no claying was needed on the outside. On average though, most cars take me about 3.5 to 4 hours and SUVs 4-6 hours.

I've used a friend's PC and to be honest, if the paint is in good shape, I can hand polish more quickly. Obviously, paint in bad shape takes more time and effort. Meguiars DACP and Swirl Free can be worked by hand but a machine is faster. Problem is, there are a lot of people who do not want a buffer anywhere near their cars because of bad experiences with hackers. You know the type, they use a dirty wool pad for everything. Unfortunately, they give the rest of us a bad name and the customer a fear of buffers.
  4. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Not only the cheap hacks, but most people have this fear that a rotory buffer = random orbital buffer, and that a foam pad is worse then a wool pad.
    Ive had a couple of customers ive had to educate on the ways of the PC, and why it does what it does. After they see the result, they become comfortable with it, and actually prefer when i use it.