How long does ColorX last

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Vex, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Vex

Vex Huge Member OT Supporter

Noob question, never waxed polished a car before and this was my first attemp.

After reading a lot of the threads here looking for advice I clayed and used Colorx on a section of my car where the paint has started to oxidize. The results were much better than I had expected since it was quite dull and a large area.

Problem is that I picked up some water from around the gas lid area when applying and I think this is what created some noticeable swirl marks.

So how long does ColorX last until the dullness is back and if I wanted to remove it to try again to eliminate the swirl marks what would I use/do?

Clayed & used Meguiars Gold on the rest of the car and it turned out great so it wasn't a total failure. :hs:

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

There is no way to tell how long a product will last. It depends on the following:

Quality of the paint
    Enviromental factors (sun exposure, industrial fallout, acid rain, parking under trees, etc)
    Washing habits (absolutely no dish soap to wash!)

If you have a single stage paint job that is fading, I'd reapply something at least every 3 months.

3. Vex

Vex Huge Member OT Supporter

Thanks Scott.

How would you go about stripping the ColorX stuff off the car if you really wanted to redo it?

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Just use a polish. If a polish will remove swirls, it will remove anything already on the paint.