TAT How long did it take you to decide?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Godspeed, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Godspeed

Godspeed New Member

How long did it take you to decide when getting your first tattoo? I've always considered it but now i'm seriously thinking about it. Researching the subject, i never realized how much you have to consider when getting a tattoo

2. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

ive been reasearching the subject and the art since i was about 8 or 9 :) im 24 now

3. Godspeed

Godspeed New Member

so you just got yours then?

4. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

I wanted/waited to get my first tattoo since I was 9, and I got it when I turned 19. My second tattoo, I figured what I wanted to get and then sat on it for over 6 months. reason being, if I liked it as much 6 months later... I knew it was worth getting put on my body. I've got another one planned that I've been looking at getting done for probably a year.... none of mine have, or will be, spur of the moment. it's something your going to have to live with for the rest of your life...

5. 12345678

12345678 EH?

i thought about mine for about 3 years.

That was only for a maple leaf with some writing :S

I like to take time and think about things, and make sure that it holds a lot of meaning to me.

6. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

Thought about mine for a year, thou I had been in love with the concept of tattooing since about age 12. I designed mine and then tacked it to the wall where I could see it every day. A year later.(it was almost a year)... I went and got it done.

7. QUEEN BLUE

QUEEN BLUE Guest

I put a couple months of thought into my tattoos. My last one was actually longer since I had to have someone draw it up since I can't draw to save my life.

8. Godspeed

Godspeed New Member

Ya, i can't draw for shit either. I wish i did though because in thinking about a tattoo, its hard to find a way to express what i want to express through images, ya know? it'd probably be easier if i had some artistic abilities, that way i knew how to convey certains emotions, experiences, and thoughts through drawings.

9. QUEEN BLUE

QUEEN BLUE Guest

That was exactly my problem. I knew what I wanted but it was hard to try to verbally explain it to someone else to draw. Luckily my tattoo artist is wonderful and drew up like three variations for me to pick and choose from. :bigthumb: