GUN How long before a National Concealed Carry law?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BunnyFrank, Jan 28, 2005.

1. BunnyFrank

BunnyFrank Guest

The way I look at it, it could be made, and would be up held in court.

It restricts free movement through out the united states for gun owners (when it is a right to own a gun) and thus it creates discrimination in a way.

I guess we will have to wait. :(

2. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

I would like to see a CHL be legal in any state that allows carry...

3. Sir Alan Quartermaine

Sir Alan Quartermaine Banned

there should be open carry laws in every state.

the crime rate nationwide would be miniscule. think about it, no one would wanna rob a bank when everyone in there had a gun.

id walk around with a tactical shotty on my back. and god knows how many handguns.

4. Y2kAccord

not everyone would carry obviously and then you would know if the people you were robbing were armed or not if everyone had open carry

5. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

that would then require a nationwide testing standard. As it stands now, some states like texas require you to shoot anything bigger than a .32 and you are then somehow qualified up to a .44 desert eagle.
    Other states like Utah don't even require you to shoot the gun.
    I like Nevada's where you can have as many guns on your permit as you want, but you must show proficiency with each weapon by qualifying at the range with the instructor.

6. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

we shouldnt need any permit or concealed carry law to carry a gun in the first place. All we should need it the fucking BILL OF RIGHTS.. sometimes I think about how fucked up this country is.

but yeah.. national concealed carry would be nice.. California and NY would never go for it though.

7. ryanbum

ryanbum Its the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it

yeah it's called hysteria. public panic.

8. Y2kAccord

The bill of rights says right to bear arms not carry them conealed. I would rather have some sort of testing standard.
    Would you like to have some idiot who can buy a gun and carry it around without proving proficency or accuracy with the gun? That could be more harm them good someone who tries to shoot someone and hits something else because they do not know how to properly operate or use their weapon

9. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

here in PA, we dont have to prove proficiency or accuracy with our CCW gun.. we just pass a background check, pay $30 for 5 years, and were set. Fuck a proficiency test, if someone is stupid enough to carry a handgun without practicing with it, then they deserve to have it taken from them and used on themselves.

And as for the bill of rights saying the right to bear arms, not concealed, whats the difference, if I have my gun concealed or not? So are you saying I should be able to open carry? If so, I agree

10. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

You need at least instruction and testing so you can establish if a person is competent and capable of the responsibility of carrying a weapon, just as you do for operating a car. Imagine the chaos and carnage if you allowed everyone to drive a car without learning how to operate it.

11. Y2kAccord

Not any worse then allowing someone to use a firearm in public that they are not proficient in and cant hit the broad side of a barn.
    I would go for a nationwide CHL if there was a proficiency test to carry.

12. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

yeah... and why would you need a tactical shotty on your back all the time?

And think about all the stupid rednecks and other ghetto wannabes that will end up carrying a handgun without any practice?

I certainly don't want to be around them when they have to pull that gun out... Shit, I don't want to be around them when they have the firearm on them... I think people need to pass a test that they know the laws regarding carrying the handgun, when they can use it as well as a proficiency test... Even if I could carry w/o doing all that I still would but I know a lot of people wouldn't take their time to know how to handle their weapon.

13. Sir Alan Quartermaine

Sir Alan Quartermaine Banned

to make my E-penis like 35 inches.

who knows, this is speculation on OT.

14. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

If that is so its changed recently. When I lived out there three years ago, you had to take a proficiency course and had to qualify with the type (auto or revolver) that you wanted to carry. If you wanted to be free to carry both you had to qualify with both. Of course you could use .22s to do it, but you had to show you at least knew how to work and shoot both types of weapon.

I dont have a problem with a proficiency test for carry, it certainly makes the chances of stupid uses of the carry gun less. Here in Maryland, we have very strict carry rules, so I cant get one. It would be very smart to have a national ccw licensing program. It would make for a consistent program for all the states and qualified law-abiding citizens wouldnt be penalized by over-liberal local governments.

All you need to convince folks that overly zealous gun control is a bad thing is the District of Columbia. You cannot own a handgun, period, but every thug on the street that doesnt care about the law has one. Leaving the poor law-abiding citizens of the District held at gunpoint by the criminals and the crime rate there reflects it.

15. Painkiller

Painkiller The Synarchy of Molten Bones

never, not with commiefornia around. they won't stand for gun rights.

16. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Utah has gotten pretty open about it. There is even an online course now that you can take to get your out of state Utah CCW that "supposedly" is recognized by 27 states.

17. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

They're having fits about out of state cops carrying nevermind general population. If a nationwide CCW was passed, the politicians from all the blue states would probably have strokes...

hmm...maybe we're onto something. :x:

18. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

lol, reminds me of a little story.
    We had an officer go over to Sacramento to pick up a prisoner and transport him back here. Our guy is halfway there, in a marked cruiser and in uniform when CHP pulls him over. The CHP tells him that he has to unload his sidearm and lock it in the trunk while in California.

The state is nuts.

19. I don't know any rednecks that can't shoot guns, whether it's handguns or whatever.

20. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

good point... my mistake

21. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

We should at least have a law that states that if you have a concealed carry permit in say, MA, then you should be allowed to carry in all other states that allow CCW.

22. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

Dianne Feinstein would shit a brick

23. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Well, maybe now is the time to try while we have Arnie in there

24. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Well, I know they had reciprocating agreements with many of the states out west for CCW. For instance, if you had a CCW in Idaho, Utah allowed it and vice versa.

You dont happen to have some link or a place to find that info do you? If they are licensing out of state people I might go ahead and get it so that when I travel and spend time out there I could at least have the CCW.

25. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned