how long after a girl breaks up with b/f should I wait?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by fst89lx, Jun 3, 2005.

1. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

How long should I wait before I try to ask out a girl who just broke up with her b/f? couple of weeks?

Its really important that I don't fuck this up because I really like her so I don't want to be a rebound and then a month later have her change her mind because we rushed into things.

Thanks!

2. lauren

lauren Active Member

depends on a lot of things. could be she got over the relationship while dating him, and is good to go asap. or, other extreme, sheis dealing with a lot of paina nd guilt, and it could be 8 months before she is ready to date again...

how old are you too, how long was her last relaionship, why did she break uo (i assume she was the dumpee) and mor importantly, does she act/behave like she is ready to be in a new relationship or even wants one?

3. Cyndia

Cyndia New Member

depends how long they went out and if she broke up with him or not

4. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

I'm pretty sure it was mutual, they'd been together for like 1 1/2 years I think but im not really sure, could have been longer. I'm 21, she is 19. I hear you on the could be right now, could be 8 months. Thats the shitty part is I can't really get a good read on her.

I figured it'd probably be a bad idea to just ask her out asap so I haven't yet but I don't really know when I should give it a shot.

5. lauren

lauren Active Member

ask her to do something causual. maybe with a group of people so neither of you are presured. do you know any of her friends that might have a better perspective? 1.5 years seems like forever when youre that young. good luck.

6. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

talked to her yesterday, we are going out this weekend with some other friends. Not really a date but getting there.

Yea, being young and involved in relationships for years does seem like forever, I was with my ex for 2.5 years the last half of which was some of the worst times I've ever had (we had a bad relationship but couldn't leave each other), when we were done, it felt like it had been an eternity.

7. Crankshaft

Crankshaft I love Cheetos motherfucker

and don't ever get stuck in the friend zone....I always do that and get screwed over in the end

8. pdsterns

pdsterns New Member

five minutes

9. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

True...if you wait too long you become a friend; too soon & you risk being the rebound.

---
    Asking too soon is going to leave her expecting things from you that she would expect from her ex. Because it's so soon after the break-up it'll take a while before she gets back into the neutral zone with her expectations from new guys, especially after a longer relationship. Once she's no longer in the 'expectations based on the ex' zone then you shouldn't be risking being the rebound anymore.

10. Crankshaft

Crankshaft I love Cheetos motherfucker

yup, that's exactly what happened to me. We were friends that I let become to good of a friend while she was waiting to be ready to date again. Next thing I know is she's telling me she's met somebody and after 2 weeks is interested....I've known her 4 months.

11. russd10089

russd10089 New Member

i'd say don't wait at all. I've been the "nice guy" too many times now, and end up not getting the girl. Move in while you can, before some other guy gets there first.