MIL How lax is your base with civilians?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Gatsby, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

Here at the temp mob site down south ;), i was amazed when I saw civilians getting on left and right. All they needed was a DOD decal. And people that had no business getting on were getting in. I guess they bought a car from a military dude (thus the sticker).

Lately, I noticed a bunch of people in the commissary that in no way could be retired (too young), dependants (too old), or 100% service connected (too healthy), just shopping. Acting like it's walmart or something.

Forget about the CL6, anyone and their grandma can use that.

They have cracked down. Have to have valid un expired decal, and id to get on. No more civilians at rocky's. And they are holding people accountable for their stickers.

2. ElCidKid

ElCidKid New Member

We got rid of car decals. Our CAC cards are being scanned I'm assuming that dependent ID's are being scanned too. I have noticed that we have civilian contractors working the gate as much as the SF guys :dunno:

3. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

I think the decals are good idea, but I like the scanning thing too.

The problem with the gate is the civilian contractors. They are horrible.

4. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

no decals in the AF, 100% ID check. BX/Commissary are 100% check too unless your in uniform

5. G_Ranger

G_Ranger New Member

By base i assume you mean CONUS bases?? OCONUS all entry onto post is completely regulated by IACS (installation command access system). You must have your id scanned and then the little gun they use pops up with a different picture than what is on your ID to compare and ensure they are the same person. Anyone who wants base access must go through the IACS office (even military personel) to aquire this ability. I think that should be done stateside as well.

6. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

IRR FTW

7. Burrito10

Burrito10 New Member

lulz, still have not got my sticker decal for Ft. Riley, still using my temp 30 day paper pass. Actually, gotta get that sticker today, because my temp expired on the 22nd.. good thing we had off today. Hooah for no alcohol related fatalities in 111 days

8. Thanat0s24

Thanat0s24 New Member

that's only because i'm not on your post.

9. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

Ft. Lewis requires Stickers unless it's a rental or gov't vehicle. If your vehicle doesn't have stickers you have to get a guest pass even if you have your MIL ID on you and they only do that at the main gate.