How is this helmet? I need a new one

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by bmmikee, Jun 13, 2006.

1. bmmikee

bmmikee New Member

[​IMG]

RF-1000 - Camber TC-2

I read the articles about helmets, i'm looking for reviews of people who have this helmet or know anything about it. The helmet I have right now is WAY too big for me (moves when I turn my head). I tried it on at a local bike shop today and loved the way it felt, hoping I can find it cheaper online though...any ideas on that too would be appreciated.

2. RexPokinghorn

RexPokinghorn There's nothing on God's black asphalt faster than

If you love the way it fits, then get it. The RF-1000 is a great helmet.

Try www.helmetharbor.com - I suggest calling them... sometimes they give you better prices than the online advertised one.

3. Esp69st

Esp69st Who's talking about OIL... bitch you cooking

I just order that helmet last week, I got it incredibly cheap. I bet I can beat anyones price.... what's the lowest price you got online.

4. bmmikee

bmmikee New Member

Spread the wealth, i'm ready to order. I just found it for $427.95 but that is without looking around (from the site posted above). I haven't called for a cheaper price yet either.

5. sofakingraw

sofakingraw New Member

I have a RF, can't say much bad about it. Got it from www.ridegear.com for 404.oo

6. spooledx2

spooledx2 New Member

The RF-1000 is what I my girlfreind and I have. Love the helmets. I tried on every helmet they had in my size, Arai, HJC ect. and I ended up with the RF. I didn't want to spend that much but after putting it on I kept comparing all the other helmets to the feel of the RF and so I bought it. You will have no regrets.

Got mine from www.cyclegear.com

Late

7. bmmikee

bmmikee New Member

Looks like its 426.00 on this site, I'm going to order this unless somebody else knows of somewhere to get it cheaper :wavey:

Thanks for all the reviews!

8. bmmikee

bmmikee New Member

You ordered the following items:
    03-612 Shoei RF-1000 Camber Helmet 1 $ 427.99
    01-341 Shoei Replacement Shield 1 $ 31.95 Shipping Shipping Charge 1 $ 0.00

Your grand total will be $ 459.94.

Thanks everybody.:eek3:

9. sofakingraw

sofakingraw New Member

Yep, call them and ask for a discount.....lol, they have salesmen and they work on commish so I was told. Guy offered me a discount, didn't even bring it up when I was ordering.

10. spooledx2

spooledx2 New Member

Congrats man. You will love it.

11. Esp69st

oops sorry I'm late, I order brand new for $342 from Ronayers.com this guys are the best when it comes to business...

12. ChatChai

ChatChai OT Supporter

nice helmet. I agree as long as it fits then great. I personally did not like the fit of the RF-1000. The older model RF-900 was better fitting for me. All head shapes are different and the Shoei Helmets don't seem to fit my head very well.

13. Esp69st

damn $427 is waaaaay too much...

14. Luffy

Luffy | Anime Crew | Gear Second |

:wiggle:
    gonna check out this site later when I want to upgrade from my HJC helmet.

My old Arai was eh :hsd:

15. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Shoei fits my head best. None of the Arai models fit firmly, and KBC, HJC, etc. dont have the right headform for me either. Scorpian came close, but it still had some gaps.

Anyway, check ebay is a great place to get them. You may have to dig to find the color and design you want. But you can pick up a brand new helmet for under $300 shipped.

16. Esp69st

dude what's wrong with the shape of your head.

17. ChatChai

ChatChai OT Supporter

I have the same problem with all the models you mentioned but the only Shoei Helmet that fits comfortably is the X-11 model. This is why I went Scorpion which was not as soft as the Shoei but fit just as well. Scorpion EXO-700 $165 > Shoei X-11 $600? Yeah that was too much of a price difference. Also Scorpion had the nice quick release for the visor and anti fog shield which works just as advertised.

18. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Tried Shark out? Shoei and AGV fit my head pretty good, arai felt a bit off, my Shark fits like a glove.

19. bmmikee

bmmikee New Member

Update:

Thanks for all the help, I love this helmet. The fit is amazing and it is a lot lighter than my other helmet!

20. ChatChai

ChatChai OT Supporter

as long as it fits.

21. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Well, for one i have a preaty small head, a Medium. And it has a very round circumference, and makes almsot a complete sphere. The only areas where it really changes is above my temple going to the crown of my skull. And the back of my skull going into my neck, whichis almost virtually flat. With only a slight protrusion at its furthest point. And my forehead folows the same curve as the rear of my head, radious curve, without much protrusion.

Ive always had a problem fitting helmets. In highschool, i had to get special pneumatic insets to fill the top of the helmet, with special ear pads to fit my jaw line.

And when i bought my Simpson Bandit, i didnt test fi it first (stupid kid, and the "it looks cool" factor), that i was going to return it for somthing different. Fortunately i got ahold of a Simpson rep, and she worked with my to custom fit the helmet to my head. She refered to my head an neck as "a junior sized bowling ball with an 8" pipe for a neck". That made me feel real special.

Anyway...

Most all Arai's are Oval shaped top to bottom or front to back. So i have a gap at the top of me head, or the back of my head. And in the case of, i belive the signet, the forehead pad is so thick that it pushes right off my head.

The KBC's i tried where to tight on th sides, and could easuly be moved verticly.
    The HJC's i tried just didnt feel secure on my head.
    The Scorpian i tried had a rather thick neck pad, which forced the helmet forward. And fatigued my neck muscles.

The Shoei headform was really the only one that i put on, felt snuggly secure without a headache inducing hold on my head. And conformed tightly to ever area of my head that it needed to. Even the stock cheakpads worked with my chunky cheaks.

Im still looking, and will try SHark, AGV, and Suomy.I jsut havent been to a shop that carries them yet to try them on.

So far the Shoei RF-1000 and X-11 are the two top on my list.

22. d33znuts

d33znuts Owned by Websense

Awesome helmet, I have the same one except all black. I love it, good ventilation, fit, and light too.

23. huangsta

huangsta OT Supporter

i bought the rf-1000 "nerve tc-5" a couple days ago for 321.33 brand new :cool: i'm lucky that my friend's dad owns a bike shop :love: i'll post pics when i get it in a couple of days.