How is this for a diet? v.losing weight

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Changed, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Changed

Changed Guest

[​IMG]

breakfast- quaker oats w/ milk (+ splenda)
    lunch- 2 breaded chicken breasts/strips
    1 serving wheatables
    pre dinner - natural peanut butter/raspberry jelly on wheat
    dinner- 2 breaded chicken breasts/strips
    banana

water throughout the day and ran a mile before dinner

Is that close to the right amount of protein/carbs/fat I should be eating? I'm hoping to lose 30 pounds of fat and put on muscle by May 30th.

edit: the chicken breasts dont have nearly that much fat in them... its 7 grams fat per 1 breast

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2006
  2. Elfling

Elfling New Member

1. Are you lifting?

2. How much do you weigh now?

3. Screw the breaded chicken and grill some. Also, you need more veggies. And while you're at it, take fish oil caps and a multi.

In terms of macros though, doesn't look too bad, just too high on the nasty fats, you'd be better off with plain grilled chicken with a bit of olive oil.

3. Changed

Changed Guest

1. running M,W,F and lifting T,Th,Sat

2. 5'9'' 190 lbs (not really fat, but little muscle)

3. Thats sound advice... we have a shit load of frozen chicken breasts in the freezer, but I dont really know what to put on them :dunno:
    How much do fish oil caps cost pre bottle?

4. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Fish oil is dirt cheap at walmart- about 11 bucks for a huge bottle of their spring valley brand. Usual dosage is about 6 caps a day- more is not better, just fyi, since it can suppress immune system stuff at very high doses.

1600 calories should be a decent deficit for you at that weight- just give it a couple of weeks and see. Looks like a good workout schedule, that's a good sound split. If you're hungry, sugar-free jello and loads of veggies can help give you that "full" feeling.

Do you have a foreman grill or anything like that? Fastest way ever to cook a chicken breast for dinner. If you get stuff like Mrs. Dash, sprinkle a little olive oil (or just use spray pam even) and season it, it comes out well.l

5. Changed

Changed Guest

I posted the updated pic... I edited the chicken so that it is exactly what Im eating... those early number for fat and protein were grossly overdone

6. Changed

Changed Guest

Allright, I'll pick up some fish oil caplets... What are their benifits?

I dont have a Foreman grille anymore because the last time I used it to cook chicken I got food poisoning. I guess I'll just grille up a bunch of breasts and store the extra in the fridge.

7. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

yeah, take time on a sunday to grill up a bunch of chicken and eat it throughout the week. fish oil is a great source of EFAs, which you need. Read up in the archives, there is a lot of info in there.

you need more protein - 80g isnt enough for your weight, especially if you are lifting. Carbs are decent - if you are looking to drop that much weight, you might want to cut back on them a bit. I find the bulk of my carbs at breakfast to get me through the day and post workout.

don't be discouraged if you don't drop 30 pounds of fat and gain muscle by the end of May - just keep lifting heavy

8. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Oh snap I read that 80g as 180 g :o Yes, you probably need more protein. Shoot for at least 1g/lb of bodyweight as a general rule.

9. Eschafer

Eschafer New Member

yea 80 g protein is a low if you want to hold onto muscle

10. Changed

Changed Guest

changing from breaded chicken to skinless chicen breasts should get the fat down and increase protein... :hs:

11. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Definitely :) And don't feel like you have to limit yourself to chicken and bread. Lean pork, lean beef, fat-free cottage cheese, even high-protein cereals..if you can spare the money, south beach foods are decent quick foods. Lots of options out there.

12. Changed

Changed Guest

Im kind of a picky eater... Ill probably stick with a few things throughout

13. Devil

Devil I have become my terror. OT Supporter

are you a guy or girl

14. Piracy

Piracy New Member

i bought some frozen turkey burger patties made by jennie-o a few weeks ago. they have 250 cals per patty and 27g of protein...and they're pretty big for the # of cals they have. if you can stand turkey burgers (they're not that bad), they're not bad for dieting. i grill them on my foreman grill, put a little bbq sauce on them, and it's pretty good IMO.

15. darkostoj

darkostoj NEEEERRRRDDDDSSSS

16. Changed

Changed Guest

guy

17. darkostoj

oh man, you need atleast 1g protein per pound of body weight

Just look at my fitday and eat that, i can't make it easier for you

18. Changed

Changed Guest

yeah I know... The days I lift I'm doing whey protein before and after lifting. Is it even benificial to have whey protein on my cardio days :dunno:

19. darkostoj

yes

20. Changed

Changed Guest

:coolugh:

21. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

You need to toss in some veggies, & try not to eat any carbs late in the day. Maybe even add another meal or two during the day, perhaps a protein shake.

22. Changed

Changed Guest

Trying to lose weight :dunno:

Their not low enough to put a damper on my metabolism, is it :dunno:

23. Changed

Changed Guest

allright I'll do that. Eating chicken breasts w/o the breading will cut out the unnecessary carbs and fat, and I have added a protein shake (whey, unsweetened cranberry juice, banana, low fat/sugar yogurt,ice) for added protein.

Ill throw in some tuna here and there, and some eggs. One thing I'm not going to eat is cottage cheese. That shit is nasty

24. darkostoj

I used to hate cottage cheese but love it now. Its damn tasty if I mix in some franks red hot and pepper. I only eat it before going to bed though.

Actually since i've started cutting my consumption of franks red hot has gone up a lot...that shit makes anything taste good

25. Changed

Changed Guest

right now I have about 1/4 a tub of GNC strawberry whey :barf:
    Porbably doesnt mix too well with cottage cheese

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.