How is there NOT an Atonement Thread?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by MrBlonde, Jan 15, 2008.

1. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

I thought this movie was amazing. The ending really caught me off guard, just how they told the story...but effective.

The filming was beautiful, that 5-min no-cut or whatever you want to call it was amazing :eek3: maybe it was filler, most likely it was, but still give credit to where it is due.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for movies like this but I thought it was a fantastic movie. :bowdown:
    Cast played the parts perfectly, well written (yeah yeah it's based off a book) music hit the marks, the typewriter accents added alot.

It does have it's flaws, mostly it's distance from reality due to circumstance and chance but I still thought it was well done.

Then again maybe i'm just a sucker for this type of movie....I liked pride and prejudice alot too :mamoru::o

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  2. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

no one has seen this movie?

3. fatcow

fatcow OT Supporter

4. mechagrover

mechagrover Trek geek OT Supporter

Watched it last night. Good film, but no where near as good as the hype machine is making it out to be.

5. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

I dunno if i want to see it. I read the book and got Frustrated with just how low key brittish all the emotions were. It seemed so abrupt in the time shifts, the perspective for the characters, though creative and well written just infuriated me. I wanted to Shoot Briony for the first 200 pages.

6. Gubly

Gubly Avert your eyes OT Supporter

It seems like the movie went through everything too quickly, makes me want to read the book to get the full effect. Not a bad movie though, just wasn't totally fulfilling.

7. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

I saw one trailer for it, and wanted to see it. I haven't really been listening to too much of what the awards places or critics are saying...but I still hold that I really liked it. For the length of the movie it was fairly fast paced. The ending being as it was, really sort of threw the entire thing for a loop. As stated I'de now be interested in reading the book.

What I liked was the strength and power of the cuts between scenes....slam, type type type.

8. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

the book rushed through everything too....

the resolution of the issue at hand was juts flat in the book, i hope is' not so abrupt inthe film.