How is the Zen Micro?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by D-FENS, Jan 26, 2005.

1. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

I've been looking around, as the Zen Micro 5GB really seems like the best choice for me. The big appealing thing to me is that extra batteries are only $30-40 each, and they are easily removable, unlike the totally internal batteries of all other HD mp3 players. Though something that uses AA's or AAA's would be best, there aren't any HD mp3 players that use them, are there? Is there any reason I should avoid buying the Micro?

Though I don't expect to get it anytime soon. I'm actually preparing for Black Friday, I'm getting a strong feeling Zen Micros and iPod Minis will be down to $100 by then. (I tend to prepare things a long time in advance)

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

if you think the ipod mini will be at $100 by then I think you will be in for a bad surprise.

3. C_Blyth

C_Blyth Guest

i live in the UK and have found that the Micro Zen and the normal Zen MP3 have got the same price tag, and there is a 15Gb differance...but don't know what the prices are like where you live...but might be worth looking into!!!

also the Creative Zen family are much better than the iPod family...iPods are totally awful!!!

4. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple and Creative did what Sony and Microsoft did with the PS2 and the X box, and had a major price drop.

5. C_Blyth

C_Blyth Guest

i think that actually happened with the creative zen over here in the UK, as the price is very low...this makes them a hell of a lot better than the pods. at the same price then i wouldn't know which one to buy but with the huge diffance in price the creatie player definatly wins!!!

6. showtime

showtime New Member

I just picked up a Dell DJ gen 2 (20 gb) for 212 shipped (plus tax)
    I have yet to use ut but from what I hear, they are great for the price

7. allen2oo3

allen2oo3 New Member

wait a few more days for the iriver h10 (jan 31st). it is very similar to the micro (even the same touchpad...people are expecting lawsuit by creative) except it has a color screen with the ability to display your pictures, and am/fm tuner.

www.iriveramerica.com

8. C_Blyth

C_Blyth Guest

sorry but the zen rules!!!!

9. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

That iriver looks too expensive.

10. allen2oo3

allen2oo3 New Member

you are paying more because you get more. the zen micro is very nice though...my gf has it. i'll be getting the h10 when it comes out.

11. C_Blyth

C_Blyth Guest

the micro zen is cool, but the normal 20gb zen is much better!!!

12. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

I don't need 20gb. Maybe you have 18 gb of music, but I only have 1.8gb. Anyway, the big thing I like about the Micro is the removable batteries.

13. quasar

quasar New Member

i think all the creative players have removable batteries

i love my zen xtra 40gb, the sound quality is better than my friends' ipods

14. JonDaAzn

JonDaAzn New Member

my friend just got a micro today, its very nice, and suprisingly small (i guess thats why its named micro), it even looked smaller than the ipod mini, its pretty easy to use, and comes with a nifty carrying case (kinda)

15. Stilgar

Stilgar New Member

yeah i'm thinking of picking up a micro myself. i believe it'd be a worthwhile investment