GUN How is the future supply looking? v. I'm conflicted

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by zumin3k, May 16, 2009.

1. zumin3k

zumin3k New Member

As you may have read, my wife and I lost our jobs a couple of weeks ago. I'm still looking for a job, we've decided that she is going to stay in school to finish her RN program.
    I'm thinking of selling my 5.45x39 AR to a local guy...with about 2K of surplus, it's about $2k...I'm hoping that I will get a new job within a couple of months and start a new build then.
    I feel kind of bad having a rifle sitting around that can pay the mortgage for a month, when I may not be able to sell it for this much in a month or two if we really need the cash and supply starts looking better again.
    What does WMD think?

2. Sell it, if you need the money. Prices are coming down, and availability is up on AR stuff. If you can turn the rifle into a mortgage payment then that's the responsible thing to do (unless you don't need the cash.) In a few months I'm sure you'll be able to get another one.

3. zumin3k

zumin3k New Member

I'm hoping that in a few months I can build another one for about half that much...

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  4. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

The run on AR stuff is dying.

5. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

:werd:

6. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

agreed

7. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

That sucks man... I'm in the same boat... I lost my job a month ago, and my fiance's job is is great jeapardy right now....

I don't have any guns worth much $$... but I do have 2 nice motorcycles sitting in the garage that might have to go if sh*t doesn't start improving soon...

Ammo prices are still crazy and don't look to be improving any time soon... but I have seen prices for AR's and such starting to come back down to earth.