MIL how is the ASVAB graded? Just took a practice shot at it

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by xSteveO, May 12, 2008.

1. xSteveO

xSteveO Guest

well it's not letting me copy over my results, but there are 8 sections and no grades like the one most people will say. I have 125 right and 75 wrong

2. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

it's graded very carefully.

3. lurker#99

lurker#99 New Member

Don't study for all 8 sections. First check the minimum requirements for the job you want. Then check which one of the 8 sections you need to do good on and study for those. Thats what i did and i got 89 AFQT, which is [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Word Knowledge , Paragraph Comprehension , Arithmetic Reasoning , and Mathematics Knowledge.
    Study your math and you will do good on the test. Word knowledge i guessed probably 50% and still did good.
    [/FONT]

4. xSteveO

xSteveO Guest

just got back from talking to the recruiter and took a practice, scored a 90 on that. now time to look into what fields are worthwhile. he wasn't very clear on the bonuses, do they vary day to day? I am looking for a field with bonuses, preferably something medical. he was trying to get me to go nuclear or seal, telling me they get up to 80,000 in bonuses but I don't know if those are for me.

*spoke to navy today

5. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

sign on bonuses only a few rates get. EM, EN, GSE, GSM, HT, MM, DC, MR get $5k for an extra year, IT get 3k for an extra year.

if you're planning on staying in look at reenlistment bonuses too (called SRB) those are the ones you can get up to $75k in normal rates for 6 year extensions (less for less time as well).

6. Durkastan

Durkastan New Member

Nuclear seems to be a good field, SEAL however is a recruiter trap

7. dmcgill

dmcgill New Member

I'm an AS and enlisted for an extra year (5) and got a $5k bonus. Reenlistment bonus is zero all the way across though hahaha.

8. dmcgill

dmcgill New Member

The SEAL motivators wont take you unless they see you have potential and desire anyway.

9. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

dunno i pulled that off of the navy site itself. those were the only listed in the excel sheet.