How is that Sealer Wax at those carwashes?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by RLiu818, Jun 23, 2006.

1. RLiu818

RLiu818 Active Member

For an extra dollar or two my local car wash sprays on sealer wax. What is this stuff? Is it good?

I just got a brand new car. I don't have the time to detail my car, so I just plan on taking it to the car wash and pay extra to get that sealer wax spray. Is this good for the car or will it fuck up the paint in the long run?

thanks!

2. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

It will last for about the first 4 miles you drive away from the dealership. First rain its gone. Its like a glaze but it has nothing to seal up.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Pretty much on par with a detail spray in durability.

4. K270

K270 New Member

I've tried these spray on waxes also. I've noticed everytime I tried them the water would bead as i sprayed it on. The next time i would go wash my car the water wouldn't bead. I wash my car about once a week.

I finally took the time to wax my car about three weeks ago. When I took it to the wash about a week later, the water beaded.

5. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Think of it like this...

THink of the amount of time, effort, and work, that we as detailers (novice and pro alike) put into just waxing a car. Lets say an average of 10 minutes, working the wax or sealent, spreading it thin, and working it good into the paint. Letting it cure (should the product need it), and removing it.

Now, think of how much time that shit stays on your car, when its just sprayed on there, and rinced off in less then 30 seconeds, with no rubbing, no buffing, no curing, nothing at all, but a squirt, and a spray. How much do you REALLLY think its going to do?

All answers point to jack shitsky.

I say, save your 2 dollars, go to Target, and pick yourself up a bottle, or tin of NXY car wax, some foam applicators, and a couple Microfiber polishing towels. Then put some real wax onto your car, and imidiately see the difference in quality, clarity, and durability it offers. Plus you can take a little pride in doing it yourself. ;)