GUN How is it legal for them to even sell this stuff v.M16 parts

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan

Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan OT Supporter

2. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

All NFA Rules Apply

:slap:

3. Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan

so you can't buy it unless you get the class 3 forms, tax stamp, etc? that makes much more sense, then again if you really want a full auto gun i guess you could just bump fire it:o

4. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

Because it's not just a matter of putting parts into a firearm. A lot of guys have M16 bolts and carriers in their AR's. The parts don't just fit together and make a machinegun. You have to have ALL the parts, and do some machinework on the reciever to get it to work right. If you do that, yeah, you've just committed a major crime. I'm pretty sure, but not positive, that owning all the parts, just sitting in a bag in your house, if you own an AR, would probably be considered intent to manufacture, which would be a crime.

Also, a lot of dealers won't sell you little parts like fire control components without a copy of your Form 4 to prove you have an M16 to use the parts on. The bolt and carrier you can get from just about anyone.

5. Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan

that makes sense. i dont know why anyone would try to do this, most ranges (at least the ones around here) will not let you shoot full auto, so even testing it out would be a good way to get caught

6. millero

millero Aluminum Member

Thats why its good to live out in the country. No one to hear you. It would be cool to have a fullauto gun, but I couldnt afford the ammo for anything bigger than a .22.

7. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

Like said above, you have to have a receiver that has the hole drilled to hold all that crap in there. Without the hole for the pin to hold all the guts, those parts are essentially useless.

However, and not saying that I've done this before or not... you can drop in the parts and achieve f/a; however, upon doing so, number one, you've committed a felony, and number two, it is not safe because the way your rifle functions is by slamfires.

I consider $100k and/or 20 years to be a bit expensive. I'd rather spend the $12k and do it legally.

8. soccaian

soccaian New Member

a full auto integrally silenced 10/22 could be so damn much fun :wiggle:

9. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

It would need MUCH larger mags. But you are right.

10. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

.22 beltfed upper for AR15/M16 lowers. They're out there, and there's a waiting list if I remember correctly.