How important is whey

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Ep, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ep

Ep Guest

I'm just curious how much I'm fucking myself over by not having whey protein for the past month. Taking in about 250 grams of protein day at 165 pounds

2. Ep

Ep Guest

Everyday I eat oatmeal,egg whites,whole wheat or regular pasta,chicken,steak. usually a couple of glasses of milk, sometimes peanut butter if I can afford the fat intake

3. phyphoestilic

phyphoestilic New Member

fuck, a steak everyday would be so bomb

4. Ep

Ep Guest

I got the hook up:coolugh:. My girl's brother works at stop&shop meat department

haha here comes rick ross.. does this nigga ever get off this forum!?!? it's like 4 in the morning

5. RICK RO$$

RICK RO$$ Active Member

Ever heard of time zones, fuckface?

6. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

you must be eating a loooot of that meat in order to get 250g/day.

then again I guess protein from bread and peanut butter probably add up. I don't even count those when I guesstimate my daily protein intake. I just go by whey, milk, meat/fish, and poultry. Anything I get from cheese or grains that actually digests I guess is a bonus.

7. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

you also dont need 250g of protein at 160 lbs.

you can probably afford more carbs than you're taking in. and at 160, i wouldnt be TOO worried about your 'fat intake' unless you're 5'1"

8. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

Whey is convenient and probably cheaper than all the other protein you are taking in. Just pick some up.

9. Doog

Doog New Member

..bitch :p

10. Drewski

Drewski New Member

whole food > supps

whey is helpful, but not really important. its good to help make up any protein deficit in your diet (which you are far from). its also handy as a something quick when you're on the go.

11. CrackityJones

CrackityJones OT Supporter

getting protein from food sources > whey. It's a big difference. I haven't bought any protein powder in a while. Real ngas drink egg whites.

12. Ep

Ep Guest

I'm eating like 400-500g of carbs sometimes. That's usually when I eat an extra meal of pasta over the chicken and I then get about 220 grams of protein*

I'm 5'10, and yeah I have practically no fat on my body so yeah a little fat would actually be nice.

To the other guy, I'm actually not eating enough. I've been consistently eating 3500 to 4000 calories a day and just can't fucking gain weight for the life of me

13. Ep

Ep Guest

good news. thanks

14. Ep

Ep Guest

One meal for me when I eat chicken or steak is usually about 50 grams of protein. Tuna is usually 60+. I'm eating 7 times a day

Pasta I eat 1x Cup for a meal, and chicken I usually throw 2x cups or more in a WW wrap

15. Ep

Ep Guest

I always thought you were from America for some reason:dunno:

16. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

250 is fine.

17. Ep

Ep Guest

Funny you mention that because i'll never drink egg whites again. First off I didn't know, but they supposedly aren't as nutritional when you drink them as opposed to cooking them, and they can contain germs

But that's not why I won't ever drink them again. I drank 5x one time, and felt fine (all though it was disgusting as fuck and I got the usually nasty farts). Well then I decided to be badass and drink an entire glass (about 9 eggwhites). 8 hours later, i got explosive diarrhea. NEVER AGAIN

18. Drewski

Drewski New Member

you eat 2 cans of tuna/meal? :eek3:

19. Ep

Ep Guest

Yep. Put like 2 or so scoops of light mayonnaise on it and put it in a wrap. I wouldn't be able to do it without the wrap, I fucking hate tuna. I'm not gonna lie, I only do this about every other day with the tuna because, well I fucking hate tuna

20. CrackityJones

If you're like cracking eggs into a glass and throwing away the yolk then no you don't get absorb as much protein because of avidin. But you can buy them pasteurized and not have to worry about it, drinking them is the equivelant of cooking/eating. But yeah you do blow some foul gas.

21. Ep

Ep Guest

I buy "All Whites" in a 4 pack from costco. It's like the best brand and yeah they are pasteurized. Either way I won't do it, because that whole explosive diarrhea thing 8 hours later just aint my thing

22. CrackityJones

You can also buy sliced turkey/chicken at the deli and snack on that during the day.

23. CrackityJones

Never get pee butt from it and I'll drink 3-4 pints a day sometimes. :dunno:

24. Ep

Ep Guest

Maybe I'll try it again. It's so much easier than just shoveling 5 egg whites into my mouth as fast as possible

25. CrackityJones

:werd: pint takes me 20 seconds to chug and it's 50g's protein.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.