A&P how important is the extra 1x optical?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by pimp97max, Oct 22, 2002.

1. pimp97max

pimp97max Guest

i'm considering either the Nikon Coolpix 4500 (4 MP with 4x optical) versus the Canon G2 (4 MP 3x optical) how important is the extra 1x? i like the look of the G2 a bit more, and I've heard that it is pretty much the better camera

which would you choose?

2. M-1000

M-1000 COME FLY AWAY

id choose the G2

and a 1x optical zoom is quite a bit

say you bought a 2x telephoto lens. your original camera lens' zoom is 6.5-19.5mm. multiply that by 2. big difference. so basically id be getting 6x optical zoom instead of 3x. thats my interpritation anyway

3. pimp97max

pimp97max Guest

what about the S40? what do you think about that?

the only differences between the S40 and the G2 was the fact that the G2 can add extra lenses and has the external flash connection as well as the swivel LCD...is it really worth the extra money?

i most likely won't be getting any external lenses since I won't be that much into the photography, i just want a camera for a lot of quality 4x6 prints and some internet imagery, as well as a toy to play around with, which is why I'm considering these cameras with more manual features...but G2 or S40? i'm still out on whether i should sacrifice the 1x optical on the nikon for the better looks and some advanced features on the G2/S40

4. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

OK fuck the whole optical zoom thing, lets put it into the plain terms of focal length. The Coolpix has the equivalent of a 38-155mm lens + whatever zoom you get through digital zoom. The G2 has 34-102mm + digital zoom.

If you're not going to buy any addtional lenses then I would go with the Coolpix for its greater optical zoom.

5. anfrey

anfrey ɹǝƃuoɯǝɔɐǝd

if you just want a cam to play around with, do u really need 4 megapixels? i'm sayin, if you're not that serious about it, you could save yourself a few hundred dollars.

6. WiKiD

WiKiD U MAD?

These were taken with a 2.0mp coolpix 2500.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got it for 246 shipped from www.comp-u-plus.com suits my needs and i am still a newbie at it so i can probably take better pics later

7. anfrey

anfrey ɹǝƃuoɯǝɔɐǝd

click on another anfedelic trip on my sig to check out photos i've taken with my canon powershot a40.. it costs under $300

8. M-1000

M-1000 COME FLY AWAY

9. WiKiD

WiKiD U MAD?

It is an auto and some model girl at my school drives it.