How important is sex in a relationship to you?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Ivandrago, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Ivandrago

Ivandrago I must break you.

So would you end a relationship is sex (or lack of) was becoming an issue?

Let's say you have the following options:

a. A relationship that's just beginning (let's say two months or less) if you haven't had sex yet, and she seems very hesitant about doing anything at all?
    b. A relationship that's relatively long (1 year or less) if your sex life is steadily declining?

Would you end the relationships in both scenarios? Why or why not? And, how would you bring it up with the other person if the only reason you're ending it is because of lacking sexual part of the relationship?

2. Reign

Reign Banned

Never had a problem with the first one, but the second one.... my last LTR last 2-2.5 years. Near the end we were having sex like... never. Maybe once or twice a month and it was because I wasn't into it anymore. She was, she wanted it a lot more than I but I just wasn't into her anymore.

We're still awesome friends and i still care about her a lot, so in a way... yes I did end it because we were not sexually compatible.

3. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

A. Hard to say given those details. If the hesitation was just in begining a sexual relationship and once the flood gates are open she would be my own personal whore, then I'd happily give it some more time. If she's got issues and/or sex just isn't a big deal for her and so she's hesitant to try and maintain her boundaries, then I'd move on to someone more suited to me.

B. Again it depends on the reasons/outcome. If things are declining because she's got some shit going on or because there is a problem in the relationship, I'd address that first. If the issue doesn't get resolved or it just turns out that the woman prefers less sex and this is "normal" for her, then I'd move the fuck on.

4. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

Comes down to yes, I'd leave someone if they aren't putting out. Now if its a new relationship and she wants to wait sure (with a reasonable amount of time of waiting, I'm not waiting months to get some), now if we've been together for a while and she was a nympho in the beginning and now won't put out then yes again I'd leave her. I want sex and end of story, if you can do that then your gone. Its important to me.

5. *RARA*

*RARA* New Member

I think love is more important than sex. Therefore, if both people love each other (in scenario B) they should discuss it and change something/ make it work.
    In scenario A, if you like the person and there's potential for a relationship, I'd say wait it out and see where it goes!

6. NightyNight

NightyNight OT Supporter

I enjoy getting to know the person, coming from a Christian background with abstinence pressed on me it's not really a huge priority, even though I don't follow those ideals really anymore.

I guess I was just never trained to expect it early in a relationship, so I don't expect it to come to later. It's not a big deal at the beginning to me.

But yes, eventually I want to have sex with my girlfriend, so she'd better not be the waiting till marriage type, cause I'm probably not going to put a ring on it anytime soon.

7. Vysion

Vysion New Member

This thread again!

Sex is very important. It's the whole reason why 2 people get together in the first place.

8. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

This is why you're single :rofl:

9. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

if i get refused sex while in a relationship i instantly go into a fit of rage and im never sure if ill be able to keep myself from choking a bitch out....so i have to constantly warn the girlfriends...

thats how important it is to me haha

10. THoC

THoC New Member

a) never had the issue. dont think ive ever fucked a girl that didnt give it up w. in a week. i think i would end it if i didnt have sex w. in a month.... but i cant be 100% sure.

b) yes i would end it. only if after discussing the issue nothing changed.

11. TomBrady

TomBrady New Member

broke up with my lover because the sex sucked
    thats how important it is

12. PcH

PcH Guest

I'd take option A. 2 months may seem like a long time for no physical play, but I'd like it if the reason was because we (she and I) aren't complete sluts that give it up in a blink of an eye.

Sex is damn important in a relationship and I would not want to be in a relationship where sex is declining because, well, the relationship is more than likely dying.

13. Arkaybee

Arkaybee New Member

If it doesn't happen during the relationship, that's fine. However, sexual stuff better be happening.

I would break up with someone due to lack of sex. That's one of the main reasons we are together and i feel sex can be a very powerful way to get to know someone and become closer to them. It also can be fun as hell. That alone is reason enough to want to have sex all the time.

14. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Sex is part of a non-platonic relationship.

This is like saying, "How important is money to wealthiness?"

If you don't fuck it's called friendship.

15. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

2 months and I haven't had sex with her yet? Do her and I live/work in the same area without super busy schedules? If so then I'm out. At this point in my life I don't have the patience to wait that long to have sex with a chick.

16. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

:werd:

17. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

that is an ignorant statement to make. People can and do have committed romantic relationships without sex involved. I doubt Jbunni would have said she just had a friendship and not a relationship.

18. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

she's a woman thus a lying whore so her opinion is invalid

19. PcH

PcH Guest

:rofl:

20. lbakk

lbakk Always love the smell of Play-Doh in the morning

About 2 years into my relationship we weren't have sex and it was mainly my fault. I didn't have any sex drive but then again my SO really didn't like sex. Make ur chick get a clit piercing. Revolutionizes the world.

21. Vysion

Vysion New Member

You competing in the tourney this Saturday?

22. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

sex is pretty important.

If I'm committed to you and you're not fucking me, then I may as well be fucking other people. And since I don't cheat, I'd be ending that relationship... sorry! :hsd:

23. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

Nope. I frickin WISH.

I have a Bachelor Party that starts at 11am.. Seriously? 11am? Who starts a bachelor party that early?

SOmeone who wants everyone drunk and passed out by 6:30pm I guess. :greddy:

24. Toxica

Toxica New Member

This seemed to be aimed toward the male opinions but I answered anyway.

A. If he's not wanting to fuck me in the first two months, then he's obviously gay. Unless he's saving himself for marriage. Either way, I would ditch him.

B. If it's declining, I would try to see why that is. If we could work on it or fix it, then I would stay. If not, then it's time to move on.

Basically, it's important.

25. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

The real answer is that it's only as important as you make it out to be, but you both have to be on the same page or it'll tear your relationship apart.

If you have one person who needs it all the time and another that only wants it once in a while, it'll cause dissention in the relationship.

But two people who rarely have sex can have a long, healthy relationship so long as it is what they both truly want.

In my case, I think it's fairly important, but I don't need sex everyday. I can be just as happy taking care of myself as I can having sex. I obviously enjoy sex a lot more, but sometimes it's just...easier...to take care of myself, depending on how I feel.