SRS How important is High School?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by weolracso, Apr 17, 2007.

1. weolracso

weolracso OT Supporter

I just wanted to know if being popular or in the "in" crowd is important in high school? I pretty much have a pretty small group of actual buddies (five) and everybody else is just an acquaintance. I also have yet to go to a single dance... :hsd: Is this bad???? :ugh:

2. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

no, most of those guys and gals are pieces of shit now and will continue to be after HS.

you'll find that you may become friends with them (casually) after HS though since people at least are more accepting and less cliquish.

3. 7960

7960 New Member

Nope.

I have 2 people I keep in touch with from HS. Never affected me that i can tell.

4. Scape

Scape I'm more Russian than you.

HS clicks are retarded. I graduated a couple years and had a few best friends that I always hung out with in HS. We went to diff colleges and now basically never really talk. It's not a big deal.

5. Hate Crime

Hate Crime Don't Hate OT Supporter

Reminds me all too well of how I witnessed the dating scene in high school. A group of about 12 people dated amongst themselves, each having a relationship with the same person on 4 or 5.. maybe even more times. Looking back, I never regret getting to know most of the girls I went to school with.

6. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

It's not important at all in my opinion, most of what you do in high school won't have any effect on you later in life. I mean grade wise you might want to try to do decent if you want to get some scholarships, but in the end none of it matters. The best thing that happened to me in high school, is that I was able to come out being best friends with the same people 6 years later.

7. Hipnotic_Tranz

Hipnotic_Tranz Ma' Kin

The only dance I ever went to was in the 7th grade. The best thing that happened to me in high school was graduation. Honestly, as long as you get the grades you need to get into the university you'd like; that is all that matters. Have fun if you can, but don't stress over anything else; be it friends, girlfriends, enemies, etc. They'll all go their own ways, as will you, when you graduate.

Just keep your head up and stay motivated. Find something you really like doing, guitar or some hobby and concentrate on those things.

8. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

How important is it to be in the "in" click? Not very important. IN fact, after High School a lot of the "in crowd" people that I knew are now closer to people they weren't close with in HS.

However, that doesn't mean you should not care about yourself Socially. Clearly being the opposite of well liked is not usually healthy, because it can build resentment, anger, etc which can lead to even worse things. It's not always easy, especially if you were ridden hard as a kid, but if you work on your Social Skills you can always become a stronger person in a Social Setting.

Not always true. In fact, I've found that more of the dickheads in HS became cooler after school and the less "in" people were more likely to be resentful, angry, and bitter.
    After HS is merely after HS. A whole nother world.

9. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Not that important at all I didnt participate in anything during high school and didnt go to any silly dances, I did my work got good grades and went home. I only keep in touch with a few people from high school and those few I've known even before high school. College is like a fresh start its more important to take advantage of that time.

10. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

Hang out with the people you like and get along with, dont force yourself to try and get "in" with the more popular crowd unless it happens naturally. Just have fun with your friends and enjoy those 4 yrs, they're gonna go quick and honestly you'll probably lose touch with 90% of those people, especially if you leave town after graduation. I have a bunch of good memories from high school, but i have 10x more great memories from my time in college.

11. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

It might be a big deal when you are in high school. Like, in HS I was really popular. But once I got out it didn't matter at all who I was in HS because people move on and grow up and realize stupid cliques aren't everything. I just happened to have a group of friends that were considered "popular." Good friends are all that matter, and you say you have that; so don't worry about what anyone else thinks.

12. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

High School is one of most BS times of your life. If you only have a couple of good friends, that is just fine. Hell, there is only one person from my HS of 2.4k people that I still keep in touch with.

13. BradUF

BradUF Guest

It is like that you have a group of people in high school who date in their group and it causes so much drama because everyone knows who fucked who. When someone breaks up they watch the girl go to one of their friends.

14. daxtrader

daxtrader New Member

Forget "trying" to be popular. Have fun with whoever you are hanging out with. Go to all the events etc. You'll miss it when you graduate. The so-called popular kids just create bullshit drama out of thin air and really don't do anything fun.

Besides, if people see you and your friends doing things and having fun, they'll want to hang out with you instead of a bunch of fucking snobs. So just have fun.

15. BradUF

BradUF Guest

There is still a popular group in college. The entire group back in high school that just moved on to college. They usually stay friends and still have the same drama.

16. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Highschool is bullshit, but has an effect. Clicks are people who identify with the same things and run in packs.

Kinda silly don't you think?

People always trying to be unique, discover themselves, belittling others, trying drugs, trying to earn money, being compared to others with more or less material items, the list goes on.

It is a huge clusterfuck to be honest, and a lot of people get hurt. However it is probally better to go through it then being homeschooled and niave.

After highschool, everything changes.

The cool kids who had no self dicipline turn into assholes, probally doing or selling drugs.

The cool kids with dicipline turn into assholes with an education and nice car, probally drinking a lot and acting rowdy.

The nerds with no self dicipline end up on WOW all day.

"" w. self dicipline get into some sort of techinical institute and get a nice car and actually turn into decent people.

The normal people remain normal. Normal as in, they didn't go to any extremes, and kind of continued on their own path.

The losers take the pain with them throughout their life, or get over it and become super sayan strong (mentally).

The posers are often the worst off. They have little to no self discovery in highschool.

Etc... highschool has an effect. BUT IN THE END, IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTTTERRRR....

17. daxtrader

daxtrader New Member

LOL, awesome.

18. level99

level99 Guest

Not really a big deal if you can 'move on' from it. If your holding on to something in the high school years (popular/or picked on) then that can lead to problems

19. Liquid_Vitamins

Liquid_Vitamins New Member

High school drama is really only important when you're in high school. If you have friends, what's the difference whether you're part of the "in" crowd or not? In my experience life was much better after high school and truthfully anyone I have bumped into who was in the in-crowd of my graduating class pretty much peaked in H.S. I wouldn't want to be able to say that life went downhill after high school.

20. Letstalkalittle

Letstalkalittle New Member

College is better, I hated High School.

there are no "in" crowds for the most part in College, a much better experience than High School for me so far.

21. Pringles

Pringles New Member

spiritus is wrong just so you get that out of your head. As they always say life is what you make of it. Don't worry about social activities. If you dont want to attend them then dont. The in crowd always does seem to take the less evasive path after highschool. Probably because they were insecure in highschool and hence how they got know and looked good, but once they are done with highschool they realize no one will listen or give a fuck to them b/c they didnt have drones of there age that would listen. They tend to goto CC. Once again Life is what you make of it. And dont like society or the "in" crowd as it is metaphorically in HS get to you because once you do you've given up on yourself.

22. eu4ia

eu4ia Active Member

its not important. by the end of college most of the popular kids from highschool will be fat, ugly and pregnant

23. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

I have to agree with you. In high school I had my fair share of friends but now I think I talk to 3 or 4 max. Doesn't bother me nor has it affected me in any way. To be honest I think it might be better that I don't talk to any of them.

24. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

:werd:

25. All I can say is don't date high school girls at any cost.