How important is drinking?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by spidey255, Jun 26, 2008.

1. spidey255

spidey255 New Member

I'm 21 years old. Been single for three years. Never had a drink. Not straightedge or anything like that. I just have no interest in drinking. How important is this to women? I'm starting to think that my not drinking turns a lot of them off.

2. ihaveanevilplan

ihaveanevilplan Everybody wake up, wake up, it's time to get down Moderator

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (i has an evil wap device: LGE-VX9900/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

if they dont like you for who you are and what you believe in, do you really want to be with them anyway?

3. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Are you one of those people who judges others because they enjoy it? Or someone who just doesn't give a shit and drinking just isn't for you?

4. lauren

lauren Active Member

do you still go out and have fun?

5. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

I know people who are 35+ and have never had a drink just like there are plenty of people who never tried smoking tobacco.

If you have no desire to try it that is your choice and if someone cant understand/respect that then you probably dont want to be around them anyway.

If you've NEVER tried it, and you are curious, go for it. Dont be intimidated. If you feel intimidated do it with a friend at your own home. Dont go out and binge drink, of course. Try various beers and alcohols. Hell, you may even find that you dont like the taste of alcohol.

6. spidey255

spidey255 New Member

Nah. I don't judge people who do it. I just have no interest in it.

7. spidey255

spidey255 New Member

I have lots of fun. I'm the singer/guitarist for a band. I'm not too sporty but I like the more fun based games (as opposed to skill) like mini-golf, bowling, etc. Into movies a lot also.

8. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

then dont worry about it. if some girl is going to care that much that you choose not to drink, then you probably dont want to be with her anyway

9. demosnat

demosnat New Member

How important is anything? There are a million things about every person that MAY make them more or less attractive to any one individual, don't worry about it.
    My boyfriend is 23 and has never had a drink. He doesn't mind when I drink, and thats the only place I thought a problem might come up.

10. R.Kelly

R.Kelly OT Supporter

Your concept of what is important in life is backwards. You do thing based on what other people think? If so, you will never happy.

If you don't want to drink, don't drink. But don't drink because you think people care if you do or not. That just makes you stupid.

11. Funklordtoejam

Funklordtoejam New Member

I like sharing a good bottle of wine with my boyfriend. So, yeah, it has some importance for me.

12. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

If someone can't respect the fact that you have no interest in drinking, that is their problem, not yours.

I think not having any interest in drinking would have absolutely NO impact in your ability to find and have a good, healthy relationship.

13. spidey255

spidey255 New Member

My outlook on what's important isn't backwards. It's not a problem with me if someone I'm involved with would like to drink. However, it's rare to find people my age who aren't interested. Immediately we're labeled uptight and boring. I'm sure some would also view it as immaturity and fear.

14. ERabbit

ERabbit OT Supporter

because you don't drink, do you also stop yourself from going out to a bar or club and socializing? even if you don't drink many women enjoy going out everyonce in a while and having fun

15. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

You're probably better off if you don't drink.

16. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

First of all, there is nothing wrong with you. If you don't prefer to drink that's by no means a bad thing. Society seems to teach kids now that they should be drinking like crazy once they turn 21 (and even before 21 now), but if it's not your thing who gives a shit?

If a girl doesn't like you or want you because you don't drink then forget them! I'm going to assume you don't mind a girl who drinks, right? Around your age in the college scene it might almost feel impossible to find someone who isn't into partying, but they do exist. Hell, you play in a band and I'm sure there are plenty of women who would dig on that and could care less if you drink or not.

I dated a religious guy who refused to drink and it didn't bother me at all :dunno:

17. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

I drink, my bf doesnt, we dont really have problems with this.

What comedian was it that had a bit about this? Something about "Not drinking is like the only thing people ask you why you dont do it - its never about anything normal. You dont use mayonaise?? Why not?? Is it ok if I use mayonaise around you??" :rofl:

18. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

Jim Gaffigan.

[y]V0vapGAh5OM[/y]

19. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

Thanks man :rofl:

20. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

What they think doesn't matter.

Same with my roommate.

I hate wine. Not the taste, though. The pretentious culture of young wine drinkers bugs me. Those who use the word "appreciate" in every sentence. :rolleyes:

21. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

honestly, its a little weird when an adult has NEVER had a drink

adults who have tried it and just don't enjoy it so they abstain seems more normal

22. Jacy

Jacy red lipstick brigade

I don't drink, but my boyfriend usually drinks casually when he's out. He respects that I don't drink

Rarely are guys bothered that I don't drink, and the ones that are tend to be close-minded guys that I would never consider dating. Don't worry about whether or not this puts off women-- it'll help you weed out the ones that aren't right for you

23. skych

skych New Member

not drinking is never a BAD thing, but it is a fun thing to do every now and then just for a good time

24. Mr J

Mr J New Member

It's a good thing because when you go out sober, you can take advantage of drunk girls.

25. moomoo3210

moomoo3210 Active Member

qft