How Important are Brand Names

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by hikemonster, Nov 11, 2007.

1. hikemonster

hikemonster New Member

for being recognized as accepatable in dating.
    and being recognized for job advancement.

I read an interesting articlle where they said the guy with the plastic watch would never be noticed because his stuff was cheap and he didn't look after the details?

2. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

looks > fit & style > brand :o

3. Jacy

Jacy red lipstick brigade

I don't really notice watches... just how a guy styles himself and attention to fit, grooming (hair/facial hair/stubble)... i wouldn't say that i place much importance on brands either

4. :|

:| Guest

i dont think brand really matters

i think what the article was trying to get across was more the fact that a person who doesn't care about what they wear is less likely to be promoted than someone who tries to give off a good image.

on the other hand i'd hope a promotion would be given out based on performance.

i mean yeah...you shouldn't be wearing a plastic watch you got for like 20 bucks, but you dont need to be sporting a rolex either

5. Read more...

Read more... SPQR

Unless you work in an industry that's obsessed with brand names, overall appearance means more than the labels you wear.

I always think it's funny when people buy brand name shit that's ugly, just because it has the name/brand mark, like Burberry polos. :rofl:

6. pokpok

pokpok New Member

theyre nice:bigthumb:

7. hikemonster

hikemonster New Member

I worked in Sarasota. Now I work in Korea. Yes, brand names are big here. And if you think Burberry is ugly. They think Dickies is upscale. And they have the ugly fashion I have ever seen in my life. I am thinking of relocating to Nashville or Azurbejan, Depending on the pay.

8. Phlab

Phlab OT Supporter

style > brands

9. waldo98

waldo98 OT Supporter

Very true. You shouldn't have to spend hundreds of dollars for good looking clothes. Even if you are into brands, you can always catch a sale going on and save some money.

10. Seditionist

Seditionist wandering star

Well, usually brand names don't matter.

But when you look at it from the point of view that a brand has it's target customer and lifestyle - then it matters. A lot of successful brands are where they are because they convinced their customers that buying their brand is some sort of initiation into the lifestyle the brand tries to depict. Designers have muses for this reason... To try to accurately make clothes according to their muses lifestyle. What would that person wear to breakfast? To a party? Etc...

11. above & beyond

above & beyond No One on Earth

brands dont matter, but brands often dictate style. i dont know why it's so hard to understand no other company makes jeans with fit like Diesel, that's why some ppl buy Diesel. If another no name company produced it, then i wouldnt give a fuck about Diesel or not. When i say diesel, im not talking about the label, im talking about the style diesel produces.

12. above & beyond

above & beyond No One on Earth

Even when bitches get wet over an Armani or D&G tshirt, those brands mean nothing to them except the tees cost a lot, which could affect different girls in different ways.

13. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

:werd: burberry polos fit like ass squared

14. CLOT

CLOT OT Supporter

embrace consumerism.

15. Dio Seijuro

Dio Seijuro New Member

I think relying on brand names is a very lazy and disernest way to try to be stylish. Good style is a way of life and if you don't have a passion for it those who do will see through the facade very quickly.

If I ask somebody why you bought this Gucci coat, and they can't explain (because they bought it only because it was expensive and they saw it in the latest GQ) with interest, passion, and clear reasons then :weak:

16. Dio Seijuro

Dio Seijuro New Member

On the other hand, if you clad yourself in brand name stuff, you might be targeted by gold diggers. If that's what you want then...

17. steezebag

steezebag New Member

I own a burberry polo. It fits amazingly (slim fit M ftw!) :bowdown:

18. Bouwnt

Bouwnt choppa choppaaa

fit/quality > *

i shop at a lot of thrift stores, rarely buy brand name shit, unless it's something exclusive, as i like to collect from time to time as well