How healthy was my diet?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by CodsterTX, Dec 30, 2006.

1. CodsterTX

CodsterTX OT Supporter

I lost about 75 pounds in 4 months using this diet:

Breakfast: Monster Energy Drink Lo-Carb and Bowl of Apple Jacks with Low fat milk

Lunch: 11oz Slim Fast Optima Drink

Dinner: 6 Grams of fat or less Sub from Subway, Baked Chips

Plenty of Water throughout the day and i jogged 3 miles a day.

2. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

Sounds like you malnurished your organs and bones to me, and if you keep it up at that pace you'll have ostioperosis and other problems down the road :dunno: Good job losing 75lbs though, that may have saved you from a whole other slew of medical problems.

Toss another meal in there, a protien and veggie meal, it will help your metabolism out too.

3. knucks

knucks Active Member

is that like 1k of cals?

4. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

A good portion of that was LBM. Are you still on that diet? Be prepared to rebound.

Anybody can loose "weight" if they drop calories drastically low and still eaqt shitty foods.

5. CodsterTX

CodsterTX OT Supporter

i stopped for a couple of weeks around christmas, i plan to start it again when work starts again. I didnt gain anything after eating fatty food for 2 weeks, and how would i get week bones if im drinking milk in the mornings?

6. crown royal

crown royal Active Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nutrition > you. Stop believing the ads you read in the magazines.

You aren't eating good food. Period. You're not meeting your caloric needs, and besides that, you need a variety of proteins, carbs and fats. Vitamins are pretty good too.

1) The majority of your foods shouldn't come from supplements or diet drinks.

2) Eating the same thing everyday ftl. Vary your foods. Srsly - the things you listed don't even begin to provide your body with everything it needs.

3) Read about nutrition.

7. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

It doesnt sound like enough food to me. Your muscles need more protein to develop... or else your being counter productive. Trust me, when you lose weight its not difficult to cross the line. But you need to feed your body, or you'll be behind where you begun. Just skinnier.

8. CodsterTX

CodsterTX OT Supporter

so i need to thrown another meal in there? what is good protein or veggie meal?

9. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

dude you should learn how to eat healthy instead of going on a crash diet and then most likely gaining it all back. Read the stickies, especially the part losing weight. Good job so far, but you should really educate yourself if you want the results to last.