MIL how hard is it to change services?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by cossack, Dec 1, 2005.

1. cossack

cossack Resident thread killer

right now im a depper for the Army. but i dont think it is for me, too relaxed, and everyday i go into the recruiting station i see another moron that the recruiter shouldnt even be letting apply, go to meps.

so im question is how hard would it be for me to change to the marines dep program.

2. fintheman

fintheman I will ebay O/T!

I'm not touching this one with a 10-foot pole.

I know transferring to reserves/guard for other branches isn't hard, but, AD to AD I believe it pretty tricky, unless your going to the Army.

3. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

If your recruiter decides to be a dick it can be difficult.

4. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

talk to a marine recruiter

5. Socrates

Socrates New Member

best advice

6. cossack

cossack Resident thread killer

well i have no reason to join the army, yeah i get a 12,000 bonus and college stuff but not much else. unless i make it to special forces but even then i dont think i would like it, i think i would only like it in the regular army only in a more advanced role of action and not words. and it seems like the army is mostly words at this poitn and not much movement. where as in the marines, for the rest of your life your a marine, you have that honor that distinction to say i made it throughthe ability to say "fuck the rest of you pussies who took the easy route I went all the way and dident look back" also im an adrenline junkie, and i liek to fight. i joined the army as an infantry because i want to fight i want to see action( i know, i know im nieve). but thats what i want to do i want to be able to look my self in the mirror and say " I saw my limits and i went past them I conqured them"

7. Accord

Accord New Member

You're only in DEP, just tell your recruiter you decided that the army is not for you and you would like to get out of DEP, if he says he can't do it then he's lying.

Then just go down the hall to the Marine recruiter.