SRS How happy are you? (honest answers only)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Darketernal, May 19, 2008.

?

How Happy Are You With Your Life In Overall?

1. 10

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  2. 9

13 vote(s)
    6.0%
  3. 8

16 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. 7

24 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. 6

19 vote(s)
    8.8%
  6. 5

21 vote(s)
    9.7%
  7. 4

16 vote(s)
    7.4%
  8. 3

24 vote(s)
    11.1%
  9. 2

11 vote(s)
    5.1%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. 0

17 vote(s)
    7.9%
  12. -1

4 vote(s)
    1.9%
  13. -2

4 vote(s)
    1.9%
  14. -3

4 vote(s)
    1.9%
  15. -4

7 vote(s)
    3.2%
  16. -5

11 vote(s)
    5.1%
  17. -6

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  18. -7

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  19. -8

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  20. -9

3 vote(s)
    1.4%
  21. -10

8 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Scale from -10 as the absolute bottom of hellfire, to 10 in serene bliss and happyness to how nice you consider your life to be.

Also tell the reason why it is so. Its not a showoff thread im just genuinely interested into how happy/miserable everyone is,and what is causing your demise,or happyness.:bowdown:

2. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

8/10
    im happy with the way things are but there are still certain things i wish to achieve move out, get a gf, learn to cook, start working out theres still lots to do but im kinda on top of the world at the moment so i think il just enjoy that

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

8/10

My life is awesome, I just know there are a few more things I want/need before I'm at a 10.

4. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

4/10. I'm 22, which in itself will cause happiness to decrease since the 20's are a rough age. Scraping by with bills, going to school full time and working every saturday and sunday from 10-7. School has no end in sight, and I'm just very worried about my financial future.

5. deh310

deh310 and what have i become...

7/10, 24, live in a beautiful location in my own house, have a loving girlfriend, plenty of money and toys and a solid career. Don't really know what else you could honestly expect at 24:cool:

6. Kramp Easy Lube

Kramp Easy Lube Cause = Time OT Supporter

I'm going to go with a 2. I just went from having the next few years of my life planned out (and being happy with those plans) to regretting the last month of my life and not looking forward to anything at all.

7. Snake_eyes

Snake_eyes New Member

I'm in the negative for sure.

Basically everything about my life sucks.

8. Chelle

Chelle New Member

0/10. I am at a job I hate, I hate the people I work with. My boyfriend lives 8 hours away. I need to work out more.
    There is more but I wont go on. It is probably not much compared to some others, but its how it makes me feel.
    Im moving to be with my bf in 1.5 months so I am hoping alot of things change then.

9. cascade85

cascade85 New Member

9/10 I guess after everything that's hapened, so far im the happiest one here.:x: the only thing stopping me from being a ten is the ex, if he went away or mellowed out a bit I would definetly be a 10 right now.

10. stormywaters

stormywaters Tornadoes are just wind...

I'm in the negative right now. I was recently laid-off of my job and having a lot of trouble finding a new one. I don't have a car so that really makes finding a new job hard. I hate living at home (I'm 20 years old) because I haven't gotten along with my mom in 12 years. I don't know if I am making the right choices about a major in school. I still have 2.5 years of school left. Those 2.5 more years means more debt/loans. I have to live on campus in a dorm and I don't really want to live with roommates anymore. My boyfriend is possibly leaving to train to be a cop and that means we would have a long distance relationship for a second time since we've started dating. (I'm not worried about cheating or anything, I will just really miss him and it may last up to a year)
    I just feel like I fail at life right now. But I'm not at a -10 because I really love my boyfriend and he tries really had to help distract me and make my happier.

11. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

-8. I'm not doing well at all right now. In any aspect of my life. It's getting bad.

12. frag

frag New Member

-10 , I fucking hate my life.

Nothing has ever seemed to go right for me, I make mistake after mistake & never seem to get anywhere.

Hell the only reason i even get up anymore (other then that im supposed to right?) is theres a girl I'm interested in. I think if that goes belly up I'm done.

13. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

that scale is way too big. i think 0-10 would've sufficed.

14. dura

dura Guest

5/10, I'm disappointed in myself for making poor choices, but I'm still alive, breathing, and financially well.

15. Chickenbum

Chickenbum TOTW Winnar & Fav '06 ;)

16. Deckard

Deckard New Member

6/10

Everything seems to be very much 'in the middle' for me right now, so I guess it makes sense that this is no exception. I'm not unhappy by any means, but I'm not exactly overjoyed, either. I just don't really know where I am, or where I'll be going in the immediate future, hence the feeling of being in the middle, and it's kind of unsettling and stressful. For the last four years, I've been lucky enough to travel the world and play a sport that I love (the last 1.5 - 2 years I played on the pro level), so of course I can hardly complain about that, but it was tough to leave home at a young age (even though it helped me learn more about myself and the world than I ever could have otherwise) and the up and down twists and turns my 'career' was taking (I've been very, very disappointed in my performances on the pro level, I've got mental strength/pressure issues to deal with) took a huge toll on me mentally, causing a lot of stress. I also have some confidence issues that I struggle to deal with at times. The good news it that I may have a chance to play this sport for a very big school in the US, but the bad news is that I don't know if it's going to happen. I'll know for sure in the next few weeks, but I've never been more nervous about anything in my life, and the stress and waiting are literally killing me.

Basically, based on the outcome of the school thing, my life will take one of two paths: I continue to play my sport in college, and get an education, or (if I don't get in), I quit my sport and either go to school at home right away, or take yet another year off to work and figure out what I want to do and THEN go to school. Like I said, not knowing where I'm going to be 3-4 months from now is taking it's toll on me. It doesn't help that I'm not sure what I want to study in school (I have a rough idea, but like most people I'm just not entirely sure), though when I find myself thinking about that I often tell myself not to get ahead of the horse, because I'm not technically IN at any schools yet. I feel like there are many, many interesting things I can do with my life, but I'm having a hard time settling on something. I guess I'm afraid that I'll make a poor choice and end up unhappy, or perhaps miss out on doing something that I would have truly loved, or that may have been my 'true calling', if you believe in that kind of stuff.

My personal life isn't bad; I'm lucky enough to have an awesome relationship with my parents, always have. I have a pretty good number of friends (and a LOT of acquaintances/random people that seem to remember me) and I'm pretty popular/well-liked (I don't really understand why, but that's the confidence thing again). The time I spent traveling really helped me learn a lot about meeting new people and making friends fast, so I guess that helps. I'm pretty outgoing (though I don't go out that much), although (again, confidence issue) I sometimes find it hard to really feel natural when I'm socializing (though that one is on-and-off), and I have mountains upon fucking mountains of issues when it comes to talking to girls. For example, I just met/went out with a girl last week, we really hit it off and I like her, but now I have no clue where to go from there.

That's about it, I guess. It's that feeling of instability, of not knowing, and, now that I think of it, the fear of making a bad choice, or screwing up my life (since the whole 'go to school and figure out what you're going to do in life' phase is supposedly pretty important) is what's getting me down right now.

Yeah, that turned out a lot longer than I hoped it would, but I needed to vent, sorry.

17. HatSee

HatSee Active Member

I picked 0.

I'm not happy, I'm not sad so I guess that's in the middle somewhere. :dunno:

18. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

Ask me this question last month and I would say a 5-6/10, but since then things have gotten much better, I would say 8/10 and climbing!

Things are actually going right in school for once, living with a good friend for the summer, landed a great job for the summer, got an awesome GF, turning 21 soon, and I am in great physical shape.

19. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

I'd say 7.5, but for the sake of the poll, I'll say 7. :mamoru: I LOVE life. I love my friends and my family and having my own place in the city. My boyfriend is fantastic and we're about to celebrate our 5th anniversary. I have fun at my job and I have a very flexible schedule. Overall, I'm very happy. :coold:

But I do have things I need to get straight- I've got to figure out what I'm going to do about this eating disorder. I have a few other emotional things to take care of too. I have a shit ton of student loans and 6 years left in school. I love my job, but I'm getting burned out and ready to find something more professional, plus money has been super tight in the past year. I have a really weird relationship with my mom that desperately needs repaired, but I think that trying to delve into that would cause more harm than good. I miss my family and friends who still live in the city I grew up in, but it makes no sense to move back. :hs: Other than that though, I'm cruising.

btw, Dark- After seeing your av forever, the SO and I started watching Aria this past weekend. :eek3: I super love it so far :big grin:

20. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

I have to say I'm 5/10

I'm 22, looking to move out into my own apartment.

I finally got a job that I enjoy, a car and cell phone in my name over the past month. I feel like I've accomplished more in the past month than I did in the past 8 months.

I am thrilled to be moving out as I hate my living situation now.. People always in my way, my mom teaches piano out of the house so I can never sleep long enough on weekends... I am happy that I can finally start pursuing things in my life.

The only thing stopping me is a problem with one of my classes that I hope I get a credit for... Going to talk to the dean on Tuesday. I also haven't had a GF yet but I hope I will be busy enough in the next month not to dwell on it too much.

21. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

on a scale of -10/10, I'll say 7. My car needs fixing, I loathe my belly fat, and I have issues with giving affection/being intimate.

But my grades are top, I'm starting the professional phase of my program, and the important things in life are all good.

22. PleaseEatSomeShit

PleaseEatSomeShit 1-900-RAT-FUCK

7/10
    Can't seem to make enough for where i want to be in life. IE: i'd like to move into my own single family home in a bit, pay of some bills, etcetc

Dating is good, i can't complain too much about the status of my relationshiop

Overall im pretty content with how things are, i just wish i had enough cash to do all of the things i wanted to do

23. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I gave myself a 6 because I'm making pretty good money, love my current job, I'm respected in my industry, and managed to grasp some authority. I have a cool car that will soon have a super-bad-ass motor, I have a cool apartment with cool furniture, and most importantly, if I can manage to fine tune my skills with women, I'm going to kill.

The only bad stuff in my life are my student loans which are payable, and I'm learning how to be successful with women.

24. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I gave myself a 7/10.

Good stuff: I'm starting to get better at handling all of this baby mama drama, my grades in college are all good, I'm meeting a lot of cool people at my new job, and I'm in the best shape of my life and still improving.

Bad stuff: I'm an acute procrastinator which is why my grass is 2 feet high and my house is a disaster. I haven't opened my mail in over 3 months because I don't want to see all of the bills. After having to miss two weeks of work, I'm way behind in my bills. My dogs constantly get out of the yard and the only way to solve the problem is to put them on a chain or in a cage --- which I am against doing.

After an awkward breakup with a baby mama that I was with for over a year, I'm slowly (but surely) feeling better and better. She is still in love with me (and lives with my Mom) which is what makes it so weird.

25. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

5/10

i have my bad days, i have my BAD BAD days, but there is always a light to keep me going, having seen that things can and do get better with time and work and hope, I'm content to plug along with my existance for now.

I hate my job. I'm wasting my talents and skills here but untill i have my degree it's what i can get. it's better than many, has awesome benfits, i have job security and my retirement package is growing so :dunno: Even if i leave tomorrow i'll be going with a little in my pocket every month.

I'm Almost done with school. I'm unhappy with myself for taking so long, but the process has been a great one to teach me what my weaknesses are and that I shouldn't be too proud to ask for/take help. No shame in getting a helping hand every once in a while.

I'm fat again, that's a major part of my discord right now. I got depressed, stressed and busy and let my body slip back to it's previous grandure :mamoru:. I feel like i should be at the peak. at 25 a woman is supposed to be at her best and i'm almost at my worst. I'm working on it but 2 jobs and school and a private business = no time for this panda to go crazy in the gym/I have too many excuses to make myself make the time.

I have my best friend and love of my life with me in our home, going on one year of having the house together. The happiest parts of my days are when i can wake up to him and go home to him. The home is something i can do right and try ti keep well and ahppy for the both of us. So in that sense life is great and i cannot ask for more in that regard.

I'm not happy happy, but i'm ok, and that's more than i should ever really hope for from the world. When my mother died i thought love had died with her, that home had died with her, that part of what i thought would define me for the rest of my life was changed and would never return. i don't think anyone can feel the same happiness fromteh life before, after that kind of loss, so i'm content with the happiness i have made for myself so far.

Last edited: May 19, 2008