How far will cell companies go to keep your buisness.....

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by LooneyTuned, Apr 24, 2005.

1. LooneyTuned

LooneyTuned Oil? Bitch you cookin OT Supporter

Nov 15, 2003
    Hey all,

I work at Best Buy (im in canada btw) and Bell Canada offers a cheap ass plan for phone for their employees on atleast a two year contract.

400 daytime minutes
    free evening weekends(from 6pm-8am)
    Free Text Messaging /Internet Browsing
    Free Call Display, Call Waiting, Message Center(Voice Mail), Conference Calling(3-way)
    Touchbase Calling( Free calling to one number 20 times a month)
    Waived System Acess Fee, 911, and Activiation fee.
    and something else i forget right now..

$35 +tax = the win, because i just paid a $53 phone bill and im pisssed because i still dont get enough time in the day.

Im with fido right now, but im considering going on this plan, i plan to stay where i am for atleast two years (to finish my degree) so i dont mind going on contract. Im not on contract with fido but i might as well be.

I wanna know if anyone has had any luck with companies matching these kinda deals, im not gonna tell Fido that this is a company discount plan, bu only that i can get this deal. Ill tell them ill go on contract if they can help me out, otherwise then ill tell them ill cancel.

The reason i want to stay with fido is because i want a GSM fone. v80 or 710. but im getting fuckin shafted by these guys, and a Samsung a680(CDMA which is what is supported by Bell) doesnt seem to bad of a fone, but i want better.

Has anyone ever had any luck trying to convince fone companies to match another companies plan?:hsd: Thanks, sorry its so long
  2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    that doesn't seem very special...

I have US Cellular (best carrier in southern oregon, imo) and I get 1000 anytime minutes, free text messaging, caller id, call waiting, voice mail, 3-way, call-forwarding, etc, along with free mobile-to-mobile, unlimited nights/weekends, and free INCOMING calls...

$35/mo... 1 year contract.
  3. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

Dec 31, 2004
    lucky, wish they provided coverage in Texas. something like that would cost twice as much here.

My girlfriend goes with pre-paid, cuz she never knows how much she can afford each month for the bill. usually around $20-$40 though. They get you on everything though, i don't think ANYTHING is free, not even checking voice mail or stuff liek that.