How does this sound?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Robb, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Robb

Robb Guest

Purchasing this monday if i get the okay from OT :)

-Antec SLK 3700AMB w/ 350w psu
    -Mushkin 512 x 2 ddr pc3200
    -Asus p4p800-x

Im going to use my current dvd burner, 80gb hdd and 2.7 intel celeron p4 processor

Does this setup sound good? Forsee any problems? I dont wanna spend much more than components above but will if the quality is much better than what ive chosen.

I have learned so much in the past 2 months on the computer section of OT, you guys are great.

One very last question, after i get this all hooked up will it recognize my hdd? I am transplanting my current one, it has all my docs and OS on it, will it still be there once i get everything hooked up?

Thanks again guys

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

you should reformat and reinstall windows... transfering motherboards is not a good idea on a single os install. It can be done, but it will never run as well as a clean install.

Otherwise it's a fine selection. I'd go for Corsair over Mushkin, but that's personal preference.

3. Robb

Robb Guest

If one does not have the windows cd, but i have somehow obtained a xp pro sp2 w/ the data on a dvd, do i just load that into the dvd rom and it'll start up and guide me through, this is the last item i need to learn before im 100% confident in this

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

"somehow obtained" == illigal

Grow up and buy a damn XP license... You're not too good for $90 to get legit software.

5. Robb

Robb Guest

ok ok, i can prolly even get it cheaper thru school-anyways
    just put it into the dvd rom drive and it'll boot up and guide me through?

6. Robb

Robb Guest

oh, anyway to backup win xp, i mean its on the hdd im going to be using, problem is i only have the emachines restore disks that came with it, not the real xp cd

7. sowapowa

sowapowa New Member

re

To install an os, you should go to bios and change your drive priority thing to cd-rom. To enter bios, hit the 'del' key during start up. Don't forget to 'save & exit'. Have your windows cd in your cd drive and it will provide instructions from there on. After the cd has run its course and installed, go back to bios and change priority to hdd. Then reinstall drivers and other programs you want etc.

8. Robb

Robb Guest

indeed they are, it is a celeron 2.7