How does this routine look for a person like me

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Dobis P.R., Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dobis P.R.

Dobis P.R. Guest

Because of mono I haven't worked out in 7 weeks. I'm going to start lifting again though. I lost a lot of strength from not working out and being sick. Although I never had that much strength to begin with. I was up to 155/195/195 bsd. I'm planning on doing the same workout MWF and do 2x5 on ever exercise along with a 1x10 warmup set. I'm 6'4" 190. I was 200 pounds before I got sick. I'm going to combine this workout with a 3500 calorie diet with about 200g of protein. I'll see where my weight is going over the next couple of weeks and adjust my calorie intake.

Shoulder Press
    Bent over row
  2. hitmikey

Jun 24, 2000

Dobis P.R. Guest

I talked to two doctors. One told me to wait 12 weeks to start working out again. Another told me that I could keep working out without taking a break but said that I probably wouldn't have the energy to do as much as I normally could. I feel like I'm ready to start back up again.

I was on that bill starr routine as per christophers before I got sick. It's a good routine and I was having success with it. For some reason though I feel like switching to a whole body three day a week workout. By doing fewer sets on any given day I'm keeping the per week volume about the same, while stimulating each body part three days per week instead of just once or twice a week. I'll see how it works out.

I'll probably add ab and calf isolation once I get a base built. Goal number one one is to get thick leg and back musculature. I'll accomplish this through hard work, squats, deadlifts, and pullups.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.