GUN How does this deal sound? v. AK sar-1

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by gchang817, Sep 22, 2008.

1. gchang817

gchang817 DADDIO!!

I have 2 Romanian SAR-1 AK47’s in 7.62x39.They are both 2003 manufacture. They are made by CN Romarm in Romania and imported by CAI.

These have NEVER been fired. They have the original wood stocks. They were both checked and DO NOT have canted FSB.

Rifles come with original sling and cleaning kit in the buttstocks. These have the side scope mount plate and the cleaning rod under the barrel.

I also had the local smith install AK74 style brakes on them that were purchased from K-VAR. The brakes were pinned and silver soldered in place. Any smith can remove them if you don’t want them on the rifle.

I am also including 10 30rd mags with each rifle. The mags are a mix of Romanian and Bulgarian. They are the ribbed steel mags, not cheap aftermarket ones. Also included are 2 surplus Chinese/Russian 4 mag belt pouches with each rifle.

I am also including 2,000 rounds of Wolf ammo with each rifle. The ammo is Wolf 122gr HP, steel case, non –corrosive and berdan primed. Ammo is in 20rd boxes, packed into a ammo can.

So each rifle comes with 10 mags and 2,000 rounds of ammo. This package gives you everything you need.

Price is $700 per rifle (including mags and ammo). Price is firm, as this is a great deal. I'm selling this as a set only, please do not ask me to split up the package.

I am a general noob when it comes to firearms. Deals dont come along too often in NY. Looking for advice on whether this is a fair price for what this guy is putting up. Thank you too all those who have given me and continue to give good info. Not very easy to find people who share this hobby in NY.

2. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

the 2k of wolf is worth ~400 at today's prices.

the 10 mags at ~10/ea is 100

that's 200 for the rifle.

in a word? yes.

3. imperial

imperial Lurker | Gun | STI Crew OT Supporter

Buy them both.

4. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

Shit, if I was sure that guy were legit, I'd buy them both in a heartbeat.

5. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

I'd probably buy both, and flip one of them...

I assume this is an FTF transaction? You do NOT want to be incurring the cost of shipping ammo. That is rather expensive. Ask me how I know.....

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah sounds like a good deal, if your able to even find a nib sar1 in a shop here you'll be looking at 550-600. fuckers are sellings wasrs for 4 n change.

7. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

That's a steal, get both of them.

8. ReapeR

ReapeR New Member

Hell of a deal, considering 02-04 SAR 1's are worth about $550 with folders and two mags.

9. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Not a bad deal.

10. crazynova

crazynova OT Supporter

I got my amazing WASR (as nice as they come) for about $400 including 4 mags and a case.

11. ReapeR

ReapeR New Member

LOL! Amazing and WASR in the same sentence! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

12. crazynova

crazynova OT Supporter

Shoots every bit as well as my brother's Saiga. I have yet to see anything wrong with it, besides nit-picky finish stuff which will go away soon when I molyresin it. My mags dont wobble at all, because I got a single stack and had Henderson Defense widen the magwell on thier mill, which makes it look factory. I also refinished the wood with Minwax Red Oak, and had the professional finishers that my dad knows laquer it for free, making it as smooth as a baby's ass. I have no complaints with the rifle, so compared to what some get raped in the ass for on AK's, my WASR is amazing.

13. ReapeR

ReapeR New Member

I paid 525 for my sar with a folder and haven't had to do any of the mode you had to do to your wasr. Seems to me that spending the little extra helps out. Rather than a gun Id have to do slot of work to.

14. crazynova

crazynova OT Supporter

To each his own I guess. I actually enjoy doing the work on my rifle, since I get it exactly the way I want it, for less money.