How does the Brahma compare to the JL W7 and the ID MAX v3?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by StealthMode, Dec 20, 2004.

1. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

I was looking at the Brahma awhile back an from what I read it's a really good sub, on here and else where as well.
    I'm thinking of getting one of those 3 possibly this summer, kind of leaning towards the Brahma. Not sure if I am going to go for the 10 or 12in version, I mostly listen to everything from trance, metal, to some hiphop. SQ over SPL, but I still want some good SPL, which I know these subs will do nicely.
    Any thoughts?

2. denim

denim New Member

this is a subject that is beaten into the ground on audio forums, haha, but any way the brahma is an awesome sub with excellent capability, the W7 is a very good sub, but very high in price for the performance, and the IDMAX is also an excellent choice, not as expensive as the W7 but up there in performance

here is a review of the brahma>>>

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. StealthMode

Thanks for the review. :)

4. Dysfnctnl85

Dysfnctnl85 IT/Apple/Rotary/(D)SLR Crew

Get the Brahma, you won't be disappointed. The low-frequency extension is amazing and the tech support at Adire will help you with all of your custom box-building needs.

5. StealthMode

My friend showed me a site that made custom boxes just for the Brahma..I forget the link atm, but they looked really nice.

6. Dysfnctnl85

Dysfnctnl85 IT/Apple/Rotary/(D)SLR Crew

I believe there's a link off Adire's site actually, I remember seeing them they are pretty nice.

If you've never been to Termpro (www.termpro.com), go there and checkout the forum for more comparisons...I wouldn't doubt getting the "everyone asks this" responses every now and then though.

Acoustic Visions (www.acoustic-visions.com) is who I bought my Brahma 12" from. My bro also bought two Tempests from them.

7. StealthMode

Yea, you're right, I was looking at their website last night and realized that :o
    I think I'll get the 10in Brahma this summer and maybe build my own box, not sure yet.

8. denim

denim New Member

if you need help with a box try ttp://hwww.teamssaudio.com and there are some builders on there :)

9. StealthMode